Rooser demands help!

R

Rooser

Okay, I gots my hands on a full playset of the Legends kobolds.

Now, what do I do with 'em?

I'm open to any wacky suggestion, except, (Ironically), playing with the kobold power-up cards.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Carnival of Souls and Skullclamp (Tendrils of Agony is the usual kill)! It's been done before, but it's wacky to the extreme...

J

JSexton

You can use either Recycle or Future Sight to rip through your deck at unholy speed. Then you have a mess of 0/1 dudes. What to do with them?

1) Use Skullclamp to draw more cards. Useful, but not an end to itself.

2) Pump them up and attack. Coat of Arms, Overrun, Trumpet Blast.

3) Sac them to something. Goblin Bombardment, Altar of Dementia (kidding!), Blasting Station, Spawning Pit, Ashnods Altar.

4) Um. Kyren Negotiations?

M

Mikeymike

I envy you, that would be a fun ride.

You can do lots of tricks with Enduring Renewal, usually being teamed up with 'sac a creature' effects ranging from fun to evil (JSexton touched on most of them).

You can also team them up with bouncing permanent effects like Umbilicus, Sunken Hope to put your opponent on annoyance alert.

You can protect your army with the underrated Retribution of the Meek.

Tribal Unity would be a very stylish way to kill your opponent(s) with Kobolds.

Pack Hunt can get you a quick and playable 4-pack of Kobolds.

Manabards or Overabundance can be interesting. You're not tapping lands often to play your 0 CC creatures, but you opponents will be.

Cultural Exchange I think would be the most fun of all. "Have my Kobolds, I'll borrow your Platinum Angel and Morphling".

T

train

you donate them and enjoy the lost expression on your opponent's face when you get their darksteel colossus, and they get your kobold through a juxtapose...:D

E

Exaulted_Leader

I think I've got it!

You'll need more than just the Kobolds, though (that's only 3 slots taken-up by 0-drops). Try to get your hands on 4 Ornithopters and 4 Phyrexian Walkers.

Use Earthcraft and Forests to turn all of your zero-drops into Emerald Moxen, use Skullclamps and Recycle for card-drawing awesome sauce and drop a whole wad of powerless-yet-free creatures on the board. Then, using all the mana they'll generate, win with Stream of Life and Hurricane.

Your opponents won't even know what hit them.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Shield Spheres work for that too. But where do you count three slots with the Kobolds? They'd take 12 slots when there are four of each...

T

train

A slot is a collective group - normally "4 of" something as in a "card-choice"...

So a typical 60 card deck has 9-10 slots... the rest of the cards are land taking the total to 60...

but that has to do with building by the "4 of" rule most of the time...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
That's silly...

So if you have only 1-3 of the card, what happens?

Much more sensible for a slot to be a single card...

Besides, what deck is going to need 24 zero drop creatures? If it needs more than 12 though, it can just pick and choose the best ones...

I really like the Kobold-Clamp deck idea...

A combo with those horrible creatures as the fuel! So beautiful...

T

train

but that has to do with building by the "4 of" rule most of the time...
I normally don't run a deck full of "4 of" slots... But I do this to give my deck more options and utility - not because I don't have the cards...

To simplify it - the more of a card you have in your deck - the better your chance to draw it, and with a 4 card limit, 4 is the best you can get...

If you can make up for losing one of them, by including a search card - which can get almost anything, then it's okay to have 2 or 3...

;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
That's pretty commonplace though...

What I mean is that a slot as a term to describe "4 of" something seems impractical...