Convergene? real deck idea? or just lame concept?

S

SerraPlainswalker

ive been tossing around a few ideas with a deck revolving around celestial convergence
here are my ideas so far see what you think

4 celestial convergence
4 enlightened tutor
2 congregate
2 well of knowledge
4 story circle
2 Rune of Protection: Artifacts (since you cant choose artifact with the story circle, and i could always cycle if i dont need it)
2 rejuvenation chamber
2 renounce
2 remember the fallen
1 path of peace
2 last breath
1 venerable monk
2 soul charmer
2 tragic poet
2 fountain watch
2 spiritual assylum
4 crumbling sanctuary
4 kor haven
4 remote farm
2 fountain of cho
10 plains

a neat idea is to play crumbling sanctuary so that as long as i dont deck out they cant deal damage to me
what do yall think?

A

Apollo

Hey, I really like that idea. If you can gain life, then play the two cards, you've got the game won.

I wouldn't use the Path of Peace, because it gives your opponent life, which puts you behind on the Convergence. I'd put in some Disenchants, just for the occassional bothersome enchantment, and Wrath of God to ensure you don't fall behind too much before you can play the Sanctuary. It will also make sure they can't deck you before the Convergence runs out. I would use some more land because you have the Circles/Runes and some other more expensive spells.

Hope that helps some.

Apollo

T

terzarima

Well I'm no expert, but I'm sure a couple Avatars of Hope will help along with a couple troubled healers to help with the damage. If you can acheive invulnerability you've won.

There are a couple combos that can do such a thing:
First, pull out a Blessed wind (just in case you were a little behined that 20 life)
Second, pull out Ivory Mask, Spiritual Asylum and a fountain watch, BOOM! Spells cannot hurt you or your enchantments, fountain watch cannot be hurt and if you have enough creatures you are set!

Oh Damn! He's Invincible Why'd ya have to go and do that?

I

I8Piggo

Where is Scent of Jasmine? That's almost like a one-mana Gerrard's Wisdom in this deck. But not quite. My suggestion: switch the deck to T1.5, add Gerrard's, Ivory Tower, Zuran Orb and Land Tax. Then ditch the rest of the life gaining altogether! Ha ha ha ha! Okay, I guess that isn't all that helpful. In reality, I think this isn't a very good deck concept. Speed decks will usually kill you before you can set up, and slow decks will be able to stop via removal/countermagic/something else. And in Multiplayer, nobody is going to be very pleased with you when Convergence hits the table.

H

Hawaiian mage

I did some digging and found what may have been the first working Convergence deck. Ibuilt it on the internet becuase there were all these ponza player everywhere so I made a deck that would screwthem over.

Actually I've never played it. But when the ponza players saw it the forfeit right there.

4xIvory Mask
4xSpiritual Asylum
4xAcademy Rector
4xWorship
4xFountain Watch
4xInviolobility
4xSilent Attendent
3xEnlightened Tuter
3xWall of Glare
2xCelestial Convergence
2xCho-Manno
2xEntangler

4xRuins of Trokair
4xRemote Farm
2xHigh Market
1xForbidden WatchTower
1xKor Haven
9xPlains

It works good in theory, but like I said, I've never actually played it.

G

godhand3

I am a big fan of the no way you can kill me theme which always makes me a target in multi. Can't let just anybody run around with worships and cho's. So I thought of some good ideas a while ago for selestial convergence. If you use crumbling sanctuary and have a convergence in play, why not use island sanctuary? It is great since once all your cards are gone, you can skip drawing to have them not attack you. And crumbling sanctuary works without cards on top of your library. So you cant die except from a fatal DISENCHANT.

so throw in some Island sanctuary and you will be invincible until the convergence kicks in

serra avatars and angaelic chorus is also a great way to gain life(I play chorus and serra avatar, my life doubles and I have a 40/40.hmm. swords it?)

S

SerraPlainswalker

ok yall, ive actually put the deck together...see what yall think...(also id like to keep it type two, so no island sanctuary..*sob*)

4 celestial convergence
2 story circle
1 rune of protection: artifact
1 noble purpose
1 parralax wave
4 enlightened tutor
2 disenchant
1 renounce
1 exile
1 scent of jasmine
1 honor the fallen
2 congregate
2 well of life
1 crumbling sanctuary
1 crawlspace
1 citanul flute
2 inviolability
2 cho mannos blessing
3 blinding angel
2 avatar of hope
2 devout witness
1 jasmine seer
1 mageta the lion
1 tragic poet
2 fountain of cho
1 kor haven
1 cryatal vein
16 plains

another neat idea i came up with is to use inviolability on avatar of hope to stop any attack dead in its tracks..