CPA history

G

Griffith_se

I just got done reading some of the first posts on this site.
I found it very interesting - creating the logos, finding a host etc....
I'm not trying to stroke Your Ego's or anything, but You guy's did something to really be proud of.
Good job.:)

On another topic: I saw an old post that mentioned an all Girl members MtG site, called Charm School - I think. I went there, and it seems to be dead. Does anyone know of another site like that.

A

Apollo

I was looking at them too, and I was wondering:

-did Doust ever give you any kind of response at all?

-did Ferret ever get his money back?

-did anything about this ever go up on another site?

I

igfett

i don't think doust ever did get back to us...
one of the founders (sorry, can't remember who) wrote an article that made front page on the dojo, since we had though we already had a site lined up and ready to go. doust just stopped responding though, so we had all these people emailing saying "i want to be a member, what do i do?" (and there were lots, i know, i was the one answering all the emails at that time) and i had nowhere to point them, just told them we had a page in the works. we ended up here, and that's fine with me

T

theorgg

-did Doust ever give you any kind of response at all?

Never. Not even when I wrote a letter and sent it directly to his home via HIS WIFE (when they use to do the PRs)

No. and unfourtunatly I think this eventually lost us our best poster.

-did anything about this ever go up on another site?

Well, do a search on Casual Players Alliance and you'll probably see the Brainburst or Dojo (the biggest sites at that point) announcement about the formation. It essentially was the Mission Statement w/o the line drawn through the E-mail address. Baron wrote the dojo about putting up an artical telling the world how we were screwed over, but It never got through. this was during the time where The Dojo was beginning it's fall--Mostly Pro's wrighting in and hardly any unsolisited posts going up at all...
so I guess they pushed us into the garbage bin, too...
still, after what happened to 'em because of their elitest turn, nolite Auxillias.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith_se: Takes a while, doesn't it? I was lucky there were maybe 1000 total posts on the boards when I did it so it didn't take up too much time :)

theorgg:

No. and unfourtunatly I think this eventually lost us our best poster
Really? I never got that impression; if he felt "bitter" I think he would have left way before... like in July 1999. I just think it's what he said: marriage and a new job. I can tell you that if I wasn't coming in at 6 am EST for work (and if I actually had something to do) I wouldn't be on every day; I'd be lucky to get on during the weekends then.

D

Dune Echo

Spiderman: I know how it is. Unfortunately, I have to view the CPA inside a little 1" high window at the bottom of my screen because I have managers sitting behind me all day long. And as much as I love my wife, she can't stand to give me the 3 to 4 hours a night I need to surf all the Magic websites. Isn't that silly of her? ;) Honestly, I wish I could get here more and I know once I'm out of college, I'll be back much more again. Also, I'm hoping to land a better job soon too. But yeah, Ferret never got his money back although I don't think it's why he left. I think the whole "life" thing got him.

T

theorgg

But the last post he ever made he asked if anyone wanted to buy his Power nine cards...

That says finantial trouble.

That says he coul've used his $200 bucks back.

G

galtwish

I believe The ferret you are referring to is none other than the current Editor-in-Chief of StarCityCCG.com. Same guy?

Erik

T

theorgg

No.

Our Ferret(not ferrett) was very even tempered and non-judgemental. or noncommittal. either way is true.

Starcityccg's is loath to give his real name(ferret's was Dave Mcensy or somthing like that).

starcity's is a bit of a smartass. our's wasn't...

Gawd, I miss 'em. one of the best posters we've ever had.
and we've had some good 'uns.

Z

Zadok001

Oh, Ferret could be a smartass if he wanted to be. :) But he wasn't usually, he _was_ a great guy, and a really wonderful poster to have around. We all miss him, at least all of us who were around when he was.

"Model casual player. Need more Ferrets..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think our Ferret's name was Dave McKenzie (I remember because it looks Canadian and reminded me of Strange Brew.

G

galtwish

GIZ?!?!?!?!? You live again! I haven't seen you around here in a while. BTW, The Ferret from StarCity is Bill Senkeiwitz or something (no, not the artist).

Erik