New Group Sealed or Draft game?

B

BigBlue

I'm wondering if anyone is interested in another rochester draft...

Invasion Block was always a fun draft as I recall...

Or maybe some MVW... (Mirage Visions Weatherlight for those too young to recall... :D )

Sealed would be easier for me and it isn't nearly as long if you are interested in that sort of thing...

Let me know via reply here if you're interested and what you'd primarilly like...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm game... should I edit the title? I forgot what MtoA stands for and people might not know it's a draft/Sealed game...

B

BigBlue

Well, it was a title of my own design...

This was before there were all the FFA games and whatnot. But anyways, I digress. MtoA is Magic: the online Adventure.

For those of you who've not played before, what happens is once decks are constructed you send me your decklist, and I send you your draws (it is a weak attempt at Magic Online which has many advantages and disadvantages over that product). You keep track of the play area as you make your turn. It is still a linear game, however it isn't real-time, so whatever your schedule is you can play. The games take anywhere from a month to two months...

Any preferences for the format? sealed vs draft vs constructed?

If I had my druthers, I'd run another sealed since the draft itself took a long time... And sealed is always funner (to me) than constructed. And Mirage Visions Weatherlight was fun, it brings back memories of the Arena Leagues beginnings... for me anyways.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whatever format is good. I think I'll change the subject just so new people might get drawn in (or old ones who also forgot what it stands for).

B

BigBlue

Since there are two ready and willing players...

I am going to give you two one of my favorite formats...

League Draft...

I'll be PMing each of you your 3 boosters.

You'll then each select (eliminate) 1 card from your 45.

I shuffle the 88 cards together, you determine who goes first.

I'll flip 4 cards - first player selects one card - second player selects the next two and the final card goes to the first player. We then start Second - First....

When all is said and done you have 44 cards + as many lands as you want to select from to make your decks.

The Second player chooses Play or Draw and you do a 3 game match with your balance as sideboard.

B

BigBlue

Train and Spidey, I'll send you those tonight... I don't have access to everything (or time to do it) right now.

M

Manpriest

PM me when you do another one of these? I'd definately be game for pretty much any format.

B

BigBlue

We just need another participant... I'm starting them once I get a pair... In fact if you'd like, I can start you off right now with Azreal. I was going to play, but I can hold off until the next participant.

T

train

If Manpriest would like to take BigBlue's spot- I just need to know...