Interesting Developments for me

E

EricBess

As most of you know, I head judge in Portland. The TO that I work with is a ex-employee of Wizards of the Coast and has quite a few contacts there.

This past weekend, I was fortunately to receive an invitation (through the TO) to attend an annual convention that takes place at the home of one of the employees. It was a great time just hanging out and playing games. I used to be into role playing way back when, but I stick to the board games and such now days.

Of course, there was quite a game of Werewolf as you might expect with a group such as this. There were a lot of people playing and I was never fortunately enough to be anything but a townsfolk, but apparently, I have a rather involved play style as I was hung by the townsfolk once early in the game, but overall, I managed to be a survivor all but that one time. I was toeing the line enough the other games that the werewolves always figured I would be going soon enough anyway :D

All I can say is that as interesting as it is online, you have to play it in real life to truely appreciate the inticrasies.

BTW, I don't remember if votes were sealed or not when we played it here, but trust me, it doesn't work properly unless everyone knows who's voting to hang who.

Okay, that's a nice aside, but it wasn't the reason for this thread. As nearly everyone here is I'm sure aware, Jeff Donais recently was offered a position at Upper Deck running the game side of their business. He's been in a great position as he can effectively approach anyone he wants at Wizards of the Coast and hand pick who he takes with them. Certainly, not all of them are willing or able to move, but he largely has a really good position right now.

Also, I'm sure most of you are aware that I became a level 3 judge in Houston last year and did judge certification in Chicago.

Long story short (too late?), I was able to work with Jeff on those occasions and apparently, I made a decent impression because he called me a couple of weeks ago and offered me a position, which I have accepted. So, in a couple of weeks, I will be driving down to CA to be the Manager of Organized Play for Latin America.

I will still be involved with Magic and will continue to judge events. I'm not sure exactly how things will work out or where the events will be held and so forth, but I'm sure there will be something going on that I will be involved with.

I just hope they have internet in California :D

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Best of luck with your new position, sounds like a great opportunity.

E

EricBess

I will be travelling quite a bit at first, just to get everything set up. Once that happens, I will be travelling less, but it certainly will still involve travel.

T

train

WOW!!!... Donais taking people freely is kind of neat

Latin America!!!...

That's like...

Latin America!!!...

Congrats EricBess!!!...

Let me know if you need some Spanish Tutoring...;)

Anywho - Best wishes for you and your family!...

train.

N

Nightstalkers

Congratulations EricBess, we are happy for you.

But please beware the extravigant price for electricity in California.

R

rkoelsch

Congrats EB. What games does Upper Deck have? (doesn't bode well for my WWYT answer)

E

EricBess

Thanks, everyone. I'm looking forward to getting down there and starting things out.

rkoelsch - Currently, Upper Deck has YuGiOh, but there is plenty more in the works.

F

FmK-AnC

Originally posted by Nightstalkers

But please beware the extravigant price for electricity in California.
you can buy power from me... oh wait your already gonna be doing that when your there.. duh... well good luck anyway man

N

Nightstalkers

Any chance you'd partake our orders for YGO! at your employee discounted price?