We gots a problem, a problem with those guys up at mtgnews.com

N

Nightstalkers

Does anyone know a support email or something? I mean, come on! we like posted twice and got banned because our post was as not on the topic as this one is!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I have no idea since I don't visit there. Maybe you should register under another name and either look around or ask one of the mods there.

If they banned your username and not your IP or something.

T

train

If they banned your IP, just go through a router in brazil...;)

N

Nightstalkers

they disabled the account... and no, once a nightstalker, always a nightstalker.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

I find that mtgn00bs is too much hoop-jump-throughery for too little benefit. Inanity seems to be the rule there, so that's why I've stopped posting there.

Did I mention it was inaccessible 60% of the time?

N

Nightstalkers

The news is going down the tube.

Come on! I posted twice, on the subject, and they disable our account?

Man, I'm not going to be like those stuck up oinkers when I finally reach 800 posts and gain me admin wings...

C

Chaos Turtle

Yeah, I quit modding at mtgnews as a result of their draconian administration. One time, in the mods-only forum, there was a posting of a user's email address and account password, which was obtained through subterfuge (the victim was obviously a little dumb) and encouraged the other mods to go and check out what was in the guy's email account. The banned member was just some 13-year-old kid who had a problem with "authority." None of the other mods spoke out against posting the info, and it had not been removed by the time my mod-status was offically removed. I emailed the kid and told him to be more careful with who he shared his passwords with.

D

DÛke

MTGnews was once almost like the CPA. If Yellowjacket says the CPA has a coffee shop atmosphere, then back in the older days (like 4-5 years ago), you could say MTGnews had a 24-hour bar atmosphere, with extra dim lights. But it was a great place.

Somewhere, something terrible happened, and billions of escaped retards found their home in a haven that supports mass-stupidity. Aside from the early news we receive concerning sets, nothing else whatsoever is worthy of anyone's attention. You could call MTGnews the "United States" of Magic forums - they want every breed of living-dead they can lay their hands on: they love sheer numbers. Everyone there sounds the same - there is no personality.

I was assigned a moderator when this first happened (which happened way after I was a member of the CPA)...I took a shot. Let me put it this way: every five minutes, I received an email or a private message about some little kid complaining, or about a thread posted in the wrong forum...etc...etc...etc. Now, sure I like MTGnews and all, but to submit my life for the moderation over the mediocrity of animals that are in constant state of retardation? That is like having faith in god!

At the risk of sounding as elite as some of our MTGnews friends (oh yeah, they're very elite), and as far as I'm concerned, the CPA has the perfect forum and atmosphere - casual like it wants to be, but still serious when it needs to be...

If you haven't been to the MTGnews forums, save yourself some nausea...

N

Nightstalkers

We still feel that it is prudent that they would ban us so quickly. We withheld our end of the user agreement, but when it came time to complane, they showed an added clause. We do not like this form of backstabbing, and do not wish any forum harm, but it is in the best interest that we be given restitution before some events are taken out of our hands entirely. It will be quite hard for us to stop the ensuing onslaught of a few hundred crackers bent on the destruction of "the nets #1 Magic forums."

Sincerely,
The Nightstalkers

O

orgg

Only the Rumor Mill has anything that may be worth checking out... but not usually.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

DÛke: So are we Canada? :D or some random Eurasian country.

What I still don't get is why the hell Cateran left here for there...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I don't mind MTGNews.com, but , then again, I AM their wrestling champion(shameless self-plug).

:D

Ransac, cpa trash man

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Originally posted by DÛke

MTGnews was once almost like the CPA. If Yellowjacket says the CPA has a coffee shop atmosphere, then back in the older days (like 4-5 years ago), you could say MTGnews had a 24-hour bar atmosphere, with extra dim lights. But it was a great place.

Somewhere, something terrible happened, and billions of escaped retards found their home in a haven that supports mass-stupidity. Aside from the early news we receive concerning sets, nothing else whatsoever is worthy of anyone's attention. You could call MTGnews the "United States" of Magic forums - they want every breed of living-dead they can lay their hands on: they love sheer numbers. Everyone there sounds the same - there is no personality.

I was assigned a moderator when this first happened (which happened way after I was a member of the CPA)...I took a shot. Let me put it this way: every five minutes, I received an email or a private message about some little kid complaining, or about a thread posted in the wrong forum...etc...etc...etc. Now, sure I like MTGnews and all, but to submit my life for the moderation over the mediocrity of animals that are in constant state of retardation? That is like having faith in god!

At the risk of sounding as elite as some of our MTGnews friends (oh yeah, they're very elite), and as far as I'm concerned, the CPA has the perfect forum and atmosphere - casual like it wants to be, but still serious when it needs to be...

If you haven't been to the MTGnews forums, save yourself some nausea...
Add that to the 3000 post requirement for a custom tag and you got yourself an awful site. You pay too much in time and having to wade through both crap and draconian mods, and get too little in quality. Misetings is easily better than MTGn00bs as a quality forum. And they don't even try that hard. The only disadvantage MT has is language.

B

bryson430

What was it that you said to get this?:

I'm not amused. Threatening this site is not tolerated in any way. I don't care if you are joking. I don't take this kind of thing lightly. Thread closed, you're banned.

--JeffV

N

Nightstalkers

Just because I asked if I could get any help on some hacking tools I'm having a pain learning, I get banned?

Just because I want to learn how to build my own programs, fix bugs in others programs, and completely reengineer Magic Suitcase to suit my needs, they see me as threatening the site?

Oh, and I still hold a grudge against MTGNews.com...

:rolleyes: Crackers of the world unite?

N

Notepad

>> If you haven't been to the MTGnews forums, save yourself some nausea...

I've been there, and it sucks! Damn, it sucks HAAAARD!!! Everyone is so closed-minded its sad. And you're totally right about the info there being useless. But the numbers are big, and that is puuuuur-teeee (to the admins, at least)