SW Galaxies....mmmm....

A

Almindhra

Well I went out and bought the game...Not that I've played it much, just a few hours online...I'm going for a Bounty Hunter...

Name: A'kre
Server: Bria
Planet: Corellia
City: Coronet

Does anyone else out there have this game or is interested in maybe hooking up in there?....

T

train

I'll give you the name of my friend's character on Bloodfin(?) - He's a Sniper/engineer - he's already mining ore to make his own rifles and everything...

Let me know if you're interested...

I may be playing it shortly... I'll be going strictly for Jedi status... So I'll probably have to be some sort of fighter class...

N

Nightstalkers

thats wierd... a jedi a bounty hunter and a sniper?

its like the odd couple if ya get into it too seriously.

the jedi has to take on the bounty hunter and the sniper because he's going after the jedi's target... but they're all friends :confused: how wierd is that?

J

Jello Jedi Master

finaly got the game......
I want to be a jedi or an entertainer of a certain area......

I don't think any1 figured out how to be a jedi yet

T

train

It will take about a years worth of training/playing to even find out if you have the medichlorines(I know that's not spelled right...) that would enable you to have the force - then you begin Jedi training...

My understanding is that you have to develop your own personal skills, engineering, entertaining, etc. to high enough level of specialty that will tap into your "Force"...

Just like the storybooks/movies - Annakin and Luke both were engineers that built robots - Annakin also raced...

Make sure you specialize in your field - even if it's just one - and your other 2 lag behind - once you've trained enough it should hit you... Literally...

N

Nightstalkers

Then you'll have the choice of being good or evil...

Oh, everyone is going to be goodie twoshoes!

how much is it a month train?

T

train

Nightstalkers - 15.00...

However - when you become a jedi - it would be best to remain neutral or good...

Only 2 dark jedi are allowed to exist at one time - The Emperor, and a Sith currently... Any others wanting to be dark - are terminated...

N

Nightstalkers

Spiderman: its this whole this about good and keeping with the storylines...

train: That sux! $15 a month!?!?! And to believe that it costs $9.95/month for Everquest!!!

Man, these gaming companies are growing some big balls to be pushing this crap.

T

train

I don't know what it will cost to play EQ-II - but from the graphics I've seen - the 15 a month isn't bad for Star Wars...

And when they release the space patch(building your own ships, and combat...)people playing won't be griping nay one bit..

Spidey - There are a lot of "people" on the dark side of the force... but if you pay attention to the movies, and or read the story lines - there are only 2 dark jedi at any one time - in the 4,5,6 episodes it was Darth Vader, and the Emperor...

in the 1,2, and 3 episodes it has been Darth Maul and the emperor, and then the emperor and Darth Tyranus, and with Tyranus moving out of the picture - in 3 it should turn out to be Annakin(Vader) and the emperor...

Darth Sidious - The emperor
Darth Maul - Minion Jedi - apprentice to Darth Sidious...
Darth Tyranus - Count Dooku
Darth Vader - Annakin Skywalker...

Now before the Sith were supposed to be extinct - there were others... but since Sidious came about - and the use of Maul, Tyranus, and Vader as his "weapons"... there have only been 2 - said to be so because of the "greed for power"...

;)

N

Nightstalkers

so why can't any good jedi go and join the dark side, while keeping their stats as goodies?

wow... them goodies won't be able to keep organized with their own reporting the the dark side :eek:

If only I had a good connection, and it didn't cost me.

Ferret

Staff member
Okay, we all know that everyone will want to be a Dark Jedi. If you want proof, just watch the Star Wars Kid video. The worst part is that if the game allows rampant PK'ing the Dark Jedi will rule the game because they won't be bound by the usual crap that keeps regular Jedi good...

-Ferret

"The Force is like duct tape: it has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the universe together..."

N

Nightstalkers

But what happens when the goodie jedi wants to be bad, and beats the crap outta every unaligned person, and starts going with the whoever is the dark jedi's plans?

wow... chaos ensues. :eek:

A

Almindhra

My new character, which is my main character now...

Server: Valcyn
Name: Armarri
Soon to be: Droid Engineer
Planet: Naboo
City: Kadaara

T

train

so why can't any good jedi go and join the dark side, while keeping their stats as goodies?
You could try - but would have to defeat Vader... then the next player would have to defeat you and so on... i was told you could be dark - if only for a bit - but then would be hunted down by Vader - that I don't even know of being done in development...

Just like in the movie(Return...) the Emperor wanted Luke to join the dark side, but to do so Luke had to kill Vader, and take his place... Which of course we all know Luke didn't do - instead he threw the emperor into the depths of space...

Game-wise Emperor and Vader are the 2 existing... others will perish...

You can go to fight Vader - but you assure yourself Death...

N

Nightstalkers

No, no, no.

Be good, while carrying out the wishes of one baddies.

It would be total chaos! and fun too :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
train: I've read the storylines a bit and of course have seen the movies (except for Episode II), but the only reason why I think there hasn't been more is because the Sith lost the Jedi War and know if they try to come back "overtly", they'll get crushed again. By only having two (since one can't be everywhere and plus the lesser one is "disposable"), they can sneak around doing their subversion thing without the Jedi Council being any wiser since they think the Sith are extinct.

In the online game though, that shouldn't hold true since you should be able to be who who want and explore wherever. I didn't know they actually had the characters from the movies in there like Vader though; since we know his timeline it kinda makes sense to have only 2. Still, I think it's a mistake to include the characters because then you lock yourself into a specific period.

In Return, The Emperor only used Vader as an excuse to get Luke to give in to the Dark Side and this get rid of the only Jedi left. It was only Luke and Vader's history together (well, that and the Emperor's lust for entertainment) that made them fight. I'm sure if Luke had another vice, the Emperor would have used that and kept both Dark Jedi under his control.

T

train

Spidey - I agree that having characters in the game can make for limitations on timelines etc... but it is neat to see Han Solo in the "space cafe"...

For everyone...

Here's the history on the Sith(their extinction and resurgence) - according to Lucas from starwars.com:

An ancient order of Force-practitioners devoted to the dark side and determined to destroy the Jedi, the Sith were a menace long thought extinct. The current incarnation of the Sith is the result of a rogue Jedi dissident from the order. Two thousand years ago, this Jedi had come to the understanding that the true power of the Force lay not through contemplation and passivity. Only by tapping its dark side could its true potential be gained. The Jedi Council at the time balked at this new direction. The Dark Jedi was outcast, but he eventually gained followers to his new order. Awakening beliefs from the dark past, the new Sith cult continued to grow. With the promise of new powers attainable by tapping into the hateful energies of the dark side, it was only a matter of time before the order self-destructed. Internecine struggle by power-hungry Sith practioners dwindled their numbers.

One Sith had the cunning to survive. Darth Bane restructured the cult, so that there could only be two -- no more, no less -- a master, and an apprentice. Bane adopted cunning, subterfuge, and stealth as the fundamental tenets of the Sith order. Bane took an apprentice. When that apprentice succeeded him, that new Sith Lord would take an apprentice.

Thus, the Sith quietly continued for centuries, until the time of Darth Sidious and his apprentice, Darth Maul. By that time, the galaxy at large had believed the Sith to be extinct, a fabled threat from the past. Qui-Gon Jinn's report of a Sith attack on Tatooine was met by the Jedi Council with hesitation and skepticism. Surely if the Sith had returned, the Jedi would have detected it, they reasoned.

The dark side, for all its power, is ultimately hard to detect when required. A shadowy master like Darth Sidious was able to keep his presence a secret, even when sharing a world with the Jedi Temple.

With the death of Darth Maul at Naboo, the Jedi Council realized that the Sith menace was true. What they hadn't puzzled was whether Maul was the master, or the apprentice. Years would pass before the Sith menace arose once more, a menace that would eventually come to engulf the entire galaxy.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
When Darth Maul died, how did they know by that time of the master-apprentice structure, if they thought the Sith was extinct?