The Magnivore Deck

R

Rooser

This is a T2 deck long in the tweaking. Used to be mono-red, then I decided I wasn't using my fetchlands abusively enough and realized what could be gained by splashing black and green. I'm looking for some advice before giving the deck its final tournament run. I've commented this list to facilitate your feedback.

Land (20)
Bloodstained Mire x4
Wooded Foothills x4
Forest
Swamp x2
Mountain x9
What do you think of my land distribution? I might want to go a little heavy. I feel its a bit risky running so few forests and swamps when I could often find myself needed the colors, but I really can't skimp on Mountains because I want to rely on being able to cast Pillage third turn.

Creatures (4)
Magnivore x4 - This is my win condition, (Though I have added some back-up plans). You can't smother it, and its hastes, so it gets a big wallop in before an edict or a blood goes off.

Spells (36)
Pillage x4
Stone Rain x3 - 4th copy in the board to be wished for. It's like running 7 Stone Rains, which is the broken.
Lay Waste x4 - Main deck I like these better than Earth Rift because I find myself overloaded on land destruction a lot more than not, and these cycle. I put a Rift in the board if my LD really needs to take it to the hole.
Burning Wish x4
Volcanic Hammer x3
Firebolt x3
Browbeat x3 - This is the card I question the most. It was great in earlier builds, but this deck has turned into a bit more of a grinding control deck, (Hammers and Firebolts are best saved for creatures these days), so I really don't gain anything by doing 5 to them anymore, (Victory usually comes in the form of a humongous Magnivore). These are what I'm most tempted to take out, but I'm eager for more card drawing. What should I do?
Overmaster x3 - Don't touch these. These rock.
Chainer's Edict x4
Innocent Blood x2
Call of the Herd x3 - Alternative source of tension from the deck. I'm not sure how well these will fare yet. Right now my justifications are: Cheap, alternative source of offense, as well as fodder for edicts and bloods, so my Magnivore can stick around longer.

Sideboard
Stone Rain
Earth Rift - Two extra land destructs late game if you need them. Great for pinning them down in the closing seconds.
Recoup - This works great. It's my second copy of everything in my sideboard. If I need something again, I just wish for this. And flashing something back removes it from the game, which allows me to wish for it again. I've cast Wildfire three times in one game this way.
Pyroclasm x3 - I put three in so I could actually board two in during games 2 and 3 against weenie decks.
Earthquake - This doubles as both mass removal and game closer.
Wildfire - This wins you the game if it goes off while you own the table, I'm tempted to maindeck it, but that really isn't appropriate.
Tranquility - Why I splashed green in the first place. With the ability to wipe out enchantments, this deck can officially handle everything.
Roar of the Wurm - Two fatties in one card that I can wish for. Should get me out of a tight spot.
Zombify - Boarding this essentially lets me wish for a Magnivore
Innocent Blood - Both for wishing and for boarding in against creature heavy decks.
Price of Glory x3 - Control hates it, as does COP: Red. Its in here so you don't lose to COP. You can't wish for it, but it can really save your arse in games 2 and 3.

Control and Combo-Control doesn't have a prayer against this. The challenge is surviving aggro decks.

I suppose that was a lot of reading for a deck, and I suppose this ain't too casual, but this is one of my favorite and most successful decks, and I genuinely want feedback on this.

T

train

I think 1 Karplusan Forest, and Sulfurous Springs should take the place of a mire, and a foothill...

I also think you're missing a key card in Epicenter...

You could also run Terravore, as a cheap Fattie main deck... It has trample as opposed to the wurms, and is cheaper... probably even bigger with all the land-hate you're running. Pretty much - for every sorcery in your graveyard - and the mire/foothills, he gets big...

C

CrazyMongrel

why don't you put in double lands, such as bayou for instance?