Saproling Bomb

G

Gumby Khan

Here is an idea my friend, Mike, came up with.

Creatures
4 Yavimaya Elders
4 Heart Wardens
4 Vine Trellis
4 Stampede Driver

Spells
4 Fecundity
4 Hurricane/squall monger
4 Stream of Life/refreshing rain
4 Saproling Cluster
1 Repopulate

Artifacts
4 Ashnod's Altar
1 Thran Foundry

Lands
4 Hickory woodlot
1 Gaea's Cradle
17 Forests

This deck kinda works like a green Bargain deck. First, you need to get Fecundity, Ashnod's Altar, and Saproling Cluster out. Then, pay1 + pitch a card, create a token, sac to altar for 2 and draw a card for Fecundity, repeat until you draw a stream of life, each time gaining 1 in your mana pool. Do a massive stream of life, then repeat the process until you draw a hurricane and then kill everyone, but yourself. Good for multi-player, around a 7-8 turn kill, and no-one will see it coming!:) Tell me what y'all think, 'kay?

S

Seeker of Truth

That's a pretty interesting idea, but what are the Stampede Drivers doing in this deck if you're trying to win with a Saproling Cluster/Ashnod's Altar/Fecundity deck? Better to replace the Drivers with more mana (like Llanowar Elves or Priests of Titania) or possibly Vitalize. A dedicated mana engine may not even need to play the whole combo out if it can generate enough mana on its own, although you still need to search for the kill cards.

G

Gumby Khan

The stampede drivers are an alternate way to win. If you play against blue, they can't counter it's ability and I've seen 24 1/1 tokens on the table before. The Vine Trellis might need to go, though. Might want to put Llanowar's instead.

S

Seeker of Truth

Gumby Khan:

If you're going to switch out a mana producer for Llanowar Elves, I would suggest taking out the Heart Wardens instead. The Vine Trellises are much sturdier, and since you're not running Priests of Titania in this deck, it doesn't matter if the Trellises aren't elves. Plus, replacing a 2 cc creature for a 1 cc creature with the same ability is certainly a benefit. I would keep the Wardens in if you were relying on its "cycling from play" ability, and since you have a card-drawing engine anyway, I don't think the Wardens' second ability is that necessary.

D

Duel

Okay, so I'm dumb, question here! Why not collective unconciousness? It's a more efficient drawing engine. And maybe a spon/gen, just for the aftermath of fecundity? You may want a citanul heirophants, for the original tokens, plus an earthcraft would royally kick ass. 2 cradles, as well.

[Edited by Duel on June 9th, 2000 at 11:03 AM]

G

Gumby Khan

I would change out the Trellises, but I need quicker mana. The Heart Wardens were card drawing (to get to the altar) and mana is just a bonus. Collective unconcious could work, but you would have to have the engine established and some tokens already. Fecundity's ability can't be countered, but CU can. If I had more Gaea's Cradles, I would use them, but since this deck usually gets to it anyway, I don't need it. Thanks for the suggestions,