Breaking Last Laugh in Multiplayer/Casual

F

Flynn

Hi guys!

After realizing that my old Karma/Blanket of Night-Deck was too slow and getting kicked, as soon as they saw me playing black/white and CoP:White, I was looking for a nice new card for MP.
When I looked at Last Laugh, I saw a huge avalanche of damage rolling over the table. And evolving around dying critters doing damage, it would possible to build it as a black weenie deck that is consistent and easyly survives the early game. To keep the Laugh in play once it has hit, I needed pro black creatures. And there are only two of them available: the slower Spirit of the Night, that can be pulled alternatively by Feral Shadow, Urborg Panther and Breathstealer, and Cemetery Gate, cheap and also providing an early blocker. For surviving the Laugh I took Glacial Chasm as I don't need to attack when the combo is out and its land sacrifice is also a trigger for the Laugh. But one avalanche of damage often isn't enough to kill all those congregating white mages so I wanted as many dying permanents as possible as often as possible. The answer was Tombstone Stairwell, giving me a similar avalanche at the end of EACH turn. The Howling Mine provided a wonderful way to get the sympathy of the table, a lot of Laugh/Stairwell fodder into play and the combo into the hand. For the last opponent standing there is the gimmick of the Forbidden Ritual, where for every card I sacrifice (=1 damage), the opponent discards a card, sacrifices a permanent (=1 damage) or loses 2 life as often as I like.

The deck shows as followed:

Black weenies laugh the longest

Creatures
4 Vampire Bats (Mana sink)
4 Black Knight
4 Erg Raiders (maybe Skulking Ghost)
4 Cemetery Gate (endless Laugh)
3 Nekrataal (Laugh enabler, card advantage)

Spells/Combo tech
3 Last Laugh (The BIG Kill)
4 Glacial Chasm (Staying alive)
3 Tombstone Stairwell (Zombie tech)
3 Howling Mine (Sympathy, card draw)
1 Forbidden Ritual (finisher)
3 Innocent Blood (Laugh enabler, card advantage)

Mana
4 Dark Ritual (combo accelerator)
20 Swamps

T

theorgg

WOW!

*ques up Henry Rollin's "I Have Come To Kill You"

NICE deck! I'd put in some Traveling Plagues or Takklemaggots,personally, but I like it as it stands! YIPES!!

F

Flynn

I forgot, if you often play against white mages with disenchants that could be very harmful casted in response to the first damage put on the stack by Last Laugh killing it, try using paralyze or something like that on their serra avatar instead of innocent blood to pull those before going off. Against Blue use Duress to get their counterspells. The Skulking Ghosts help against nonflying Elves and Soldiers and of course Goblins. And they give your opponents their first laugh while you save yourself the last one. :cool:

I

Istanbul

That just ain't right.
Why didn't I think of that?

Good deck.