Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Bah. Still having car trouble. Probably going to have to replace it. I'll still get to this and the Archenemy game relatively soon...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I don't know how what happened with the battery could have anything to do with it. Might be a coincidence. What happened was that I realized I didn't have power steering when I went to do my drive home from the train station after work, but didn't closely investigate why not. Serpentine belt had somehow gotten unfixed, so I think I overheated it. Won't be worth it to repair if I did permanent damage to the engine. :(

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if the serpentine belt was missing the battery would have gone dead from not being charged by the alternator, and if it was slipping perhaps it wasn't being charged enough. It sounds like you might have been driving without the water pump turning though, and that could be very bad.

Sorry to hear about your car...:(

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, if the serpentine belt was missing the battery would have gone dead from not being charged by the alternator, and if it was slipping perhaps it wasn't being charged enough. It sounds like you might have been driving without the water pump turning though, and that could be very bad.
Nah, the belt was running before and after I replaced the battery. It snapped two days after I replaced the battery, but it seems like it must have somehow snapped right as I started the car for my return trip from work. I drove it several miles after the belt must have already been completely severed. So yeah, I'm anticipating that I very likely ruined the engine, but I won't have confirmation of that until I put the new belt on.

turgy22

Nothing Special
As you journey home on the Road of Cartrubul, you are confronted by a dark, foreboding entity. You can't make out its features, but you can tell that it is sinister and will do anything to block your path. As you decide the best course of action, it suddenly attacks.

-The Entity lashes out at Oversoul's battery with its Oxide Whip. The terminals corrode (9/12 Wounds).
-The Entity casts Drain Life on Oversoul's battery. Direct hit! (0/12 Wounds.)
-Oversoul casts Duralife on his battery. All wounds are restored (12/12 Wounds).
-Oversoul casts Jump Start on his car. He would gets +1 Attacks this turn, but the engine didn't turn.
-Oversoul uses his gear shift attack, but the entity evades. Which is odd, since that attack is usually good in clutch situation.

The Power Phase is 4.

-The Entity lunges at Oversoul's waist. The blow lands directly on his Serpentine Belt, shattering it.
-Oversoul attempts to drive at the Entity, but stalls.

Sensing that Oversoul is now powerless, the Entity steals his money and vanishes into the night.
-Oversoul loses 10000 gold.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
As you journey home on the Road of Cartrubul, you are confronted by a dark, foreboding entity. You can't make out its features, but you can tell that it is sinister and will do anything to block your path. As you decide the best course of action, it suddenly attacks.

-The Entity lashes out at Oversoul's battery with its Oxide Whip. The terminals corrode (9/12 Wounds).
-The Entity casts Drain Life on Oversoul's battery. Direct hit! (0/12 Wounds.)
-Oversoul casts Duralife on his battery. All wounds are restored (12/12 Wounds).
-Oversoul casts Jump Start on his car. He would gets +1 Attacks this turn, but the engine didn't turn.
-Oversoul uses his gear shift attack, but the entity evades. Which is odd, since that attack is usually good in clutch situation.

The Power Phase is 4.

-The Entity lunges at Oversoul's waist. The blow lands directly on his Serpentine Belt, shattering it.
-Oversoul attempts to drive at the Entity, but stalls.

Sensing that Oversoul is now powerless, the Entity steals his money and vanishes into the night.
-Oversoul loses 10000 gold.
-Oversoul casts "The Little Engine That Could."
-The Entity backs away, for now. It burns out one of Oversoul's headlights as it departs.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The boughs wrap and rise around a massive tree like a staircase. Although there are some gaps, through which you can peer down onto the undergrowth, the massive tree limbs are so wide and so tangled that even Jekaena is able to find secure footing. The path abruptly stops climbing skyward and becomes nearly horizontal. Ty spots a strange-looking cloth hanging on the end of a long limb. Then, with some unceremonious rustling, several figures swing in on vines, slashing wildly at you...

Dryads are spirits who inhabit the trees of the forests of Loren. In their solid form, they resemble a miniature version of a Treeman, with soft, damp woody flesh. They are very violent if threatened and will use their branch like arms with claws of sharp thorns and twigs to their best advantage.

-All of the dryads gain Oak Aspect. They have +1 Strength and +1 Toughness.
-The Power Phase is 1! An Unexpected Event occurs...
-Dorgath trips and begins the fall from the boughs. He manages to hang on and pull himself back up. He loses 1 Attack this round.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
So we're marching up a tree? lol

Ty reacts violently to the dryad attacks, leading with the fist spike but using the sword whenever presented with an opportunity for a deathblow attack...:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Jekaena, protect yourself! Also, can you or Rev communicate with the dryads?"

If she replies in the negative, Dorgath joins the attack with his Axe.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg will attempt to levitate and fight the dryads up in the trees with his typical bevy of attacks.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Jekaena: "This is the Wildwood, my friends. Friendly woodland creatures do not dwell here."

(I know this is moving slowly. My car is broken down again for the third time in three weeks. First time battery had gone bad and was replaced. Second time serpentine belt snapped and was replaced. Third time it won't start due to an as-yet-unidentified issue. It's not the the starter selenoid/motor because I took that out and got it tested. Hopefully getting it diagnosed today.) :(

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"That tears it. Looks like we gotta smash through them."

Sorry to hear all of that Oversoul, good luck but it sounds like the news will be dire...