Zum Kuckuck: Start of Round 1

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a recap of the rules. Bold shows additions:

It's a German game. I did an explanation before, but in a nutshell, you have a certain amount of "eggs". This is determined by the cards you are dealt: 1-12 and 49-60 have 0 eggs, 13-24 and 37-48 have a half egg, and 25-36 has a full egg. If all of your eggs crack, you're out of the round. You have a hand of 12 cards ranging from 1-60. Two numbers are "up for grabs", ranging from 1-12 twice (each number appears twice). Each player picks a card from their hand and "shows". The highest number gets the low card, the second highest gets the high card. Then, whoever has the highest card showing out of all the players (which may not be the player who just took a card that round) cracks an egg. If that's the last egg for the player, the player is out and the player with the next highest egg ALSO has to crack an egg. Then, since there's only two people left, the round ends.

Once, all twelve cards are played, your score is how many eggs you have remaining uncracked. Then you pass your hand to the "player on your left" and play again. You kept passing hands until every player has had a chance to play every other player's hand.

Example: Player A takes a 10 and Player B takes a 8. Player A has to crack an egg. Next round, Player A takes a 4 and Player C takes a 3. Player B now has the high card showing, so even though he didn't take a card that round, he still cracks an egg. That was his last egg, so Player A has the next highest number showing (4) so he has to crack another one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cards showing now are: 1 and 2

Lotus Mox has 3 eggs.
Gerode has 6 eggs.
EricBess has 5 eggs.

Cards for Round 1 are due Monday, 1/28 since I'm off Friday, but hopefully we can get them in by tomorrow so we can do one round before the weekend :) PM me the card.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I forgot: you get an extra point if you have the lowest "up for grabs" card showing when the round ends. So if you want to change your card, you can.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No one asked, so perhaps it was understood, but I just realized I never exactly said how someone wins.

The winner of the game is the one with the highest score, which in turn is determined by how many points you received for each hand (in this case, three because there are three players), which in turn is determined by how many eggs you have left at the end of the hand + 1 for whoever has the lowest "up for grabs" card showing.

Does that make sense? So basically you want as many eggs as possible left at the end of the hand to get the most points.

With that in mind, I will extend the first round to see if that changes any minds about their decision for their card. Sorry about that.