Zubera'Newal

G

Gizmo

There's two ways of using Zubera, it occurs to me. Either kill loads of them at once, OR KILL THE SAME ONE LOTS OF TIMES.

Enter Enduring Renewal, stage left.

We can make this infinite if you want, let's see:
Enduring Renewal + Dripping-Tongue Zubera + Phyrexian Alter/Earthcraft = Infinite Mana/Creatures

But that's just another name for Pebbles, so let's deliberately leave the infiinity loops out of the deck. Say you can cycle your Zuberas only 4 times in a turn (that needs 8 mana) then that's still plenty of utility from them... it's Draw 10 cards, create 10 creatures, deal 10 damage, or gain 20 life... plenty to see you into next turn when you can do it all again. HOWEVER we still need something to sacrifice them to... Goblin Bombardment, Phyrexian Altar, Altar Of Dementia, Phyrexian Ghoul... but which one is most interesting to use? Alternatively a triggered effect that kills the Zubera on entry, like an Aether Flash, would work as well at powering the Zubera up (but wouldnt be much good at producing 1/1 spirit tokens from the Dripping-Tongue Zubera.

Enduring Renewal + Goblin Bombardment = been there, done that. Yawn.

I'm putting this one to the floor - what's an interesting card that has a 0 or 1 cost sacrifice cost, or otherwise enables us to cheaply cycle the Zubera with Renewal.

M

Mikeymike

- Attrition can cheaply wipeout opposing creatures, as can Phyrexian Plaguelord.
- Flying Angel might be more efficient than the Phyrexian Ghoul b/c of the flying. (though it also costs 1B more)
- Mind Slash has to be used as a sorcery, but the timing can still work in here to empty your opponent's hands pretty easily. A bit redundant with the black zubera...well maybe not. Sadistic Hypnotist is 2-more expensive, but far more efficient.
- Spontaneous Combustion would be a unique board-clearer.

Here are some non-engine sacrifice elements that seem like they can do cool things with Zuberas
- Ertai the Corrupted can give you a pretty solid soft-lock.
- Helm of Possession is just obnoxious
- Matyr's Cause would leave you almost entirely invulnerable. Actually, this card is excellent in token decks.

C

Captain Caveman

Gizmo said:
There's two ways of using Zubera, it occurs to me. Either kill loads of them at once, OR KILL THE SAME ONE LOTS OF TIMES.

I'm putting this one to the floor - what's an interesting card that has a 0 or 1 cost sacrifice cost, or otherwise enables us to cheaply cycle the Zubera with Renewal.

How about:?

Tooth and Claw
Enchantment
3R
Sacrifice two creatures: Put a 3/1 red Carnivore creature token into play.

I've always wanted to use that card but never figured out a deck where
it might be useful.

Could it fit in a Zubera deck?

or maybe.....instead of renewal....

Decaying Soil
Enchantment
1BB
At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a card in your graveyard from the game.
Threshold — Whenever a nontoken creature is put into your graveyard from play, you may pay 1 . If you do, return that card to your hand. (You have threshold as long as seven or more cards are in your graveyard.)

Just throwing out ideas.... :D