Zadok001- look at this thread!!!

T

Turtlewax Joe

Zadok- You told me that one of your friends had a deck that he called Captin Crunch. If it's not to much to ask of you I woulkd like the take a look at the deck list.

T.J.:p

D

Duel

ME!

It's a variation on stompy, built to beat any deck that wins spontaneously after turn 4, ideally. It's a little different now, though.

4 Rogue Elephants
2 Fydhorn Elves
2 Mtenda Lions
4 Emerald charms
4 Vine Dryads
4 Skyshroud Ridgeback
3 Skyshroud Elite
4 Elvish Spirit Guides
2 Hidden Gibbons

4 Rancor
4 Briar Shield
4 Giant Growth
3 Bounty of the Hunt
3 Invigorate
4 Land Grant

9 Forests

Sideboard
4 Crumble
4 Choke
3 Hidden Gibbons
3 Quirion Ranger
1 Anything

T

Turtlewax Joe

He mentioned a slightly(if you can be any more arggo) more arggo deck with nothing costing above one mana....and some burn.

Zadok.....I'd really appreciate it

Z

Zadok001

Never said burn. :) And that's the deck I was talking about - Duel is the friend in question. The deck has two casting costs: G, and "Alternate."

D

Duel

Sorry, a quick explanation of the deck

Basically, the deck tries to attack for 20 and stall out combo deck's win conditions (4 emerald charms, for instance, are nuts)

Mtenda lions are new, I'm not sure I like them, you may want to sideboard them and put in 2 quirion rangers.

Mulligan agressively with the deck, get the hands you need. Emerald charm is good against all decks that aren't secret force or sligh (benzo, trixie, stasis, oath, etc.). And in case you didn't notice, the mana curve is
1cc: 31
2cc: 4 (land grants)
3cc: 7 (invigorate, elvish Spirit guide)
4cc: 4 (Vine Dryad)
5cc: 3 (Bounty of the hunt)

All the non 1cc's have an alternate casting cost, or, in the case of spirit guide, other virtues to make them worthwhile.

Some card analysis:

Invigorate: Makes fire-ice pretty bad, and fireblast worse.

Bounty of the hunt: See above. Double for Fire/Ice as this means it kills NO targets.

Skyshroud Ridgeback: It takes down bears and lives through fire/ice or shock. That's about all you can ask for in a 1 drop these days. Because, if you're winning, the game ends on turn 4 or 5 anyways, they don't worry you too much by leaving. If you're not about to win on turn 4 or 5, you've already lost.

Skyshroud Elite: Nonbasics are common around here. If they're rare around you, take these guys out for hidden gibbons or something else.

T

Turtlewax Joe

Actually I have 1 question. What are the Emerald Charm doing in there, if all the stuff is 1cc or "alternate" why do you need them?

G

Gizmo

they are like your best card. needed vs Stasis, Oath, Illusions, Deed...

I

Istanbul

*nod* There are two charms of each color. Make sure you get the right one.