Your most remebered Play

L

Lythand

Ok..I posted a thread asking about one of your biggest boo boos to cost you or your apponant a game.

Now I want to hear about one of your most memorable plays that just made your opponat drop his jaw.

I can remeber two of my favorites.

The first was a tournament of Two headed Giant. For those who dont know what this is, its where 2 people share 40 life as a team and play 2 other people with 40 life..Both players will take thier turn simultaneously. Anyway a guy from the opposing team played the old enduring renewal/ashnods altar/ornithopter combo to get infinite mana and he hit us with an infinite fireball. Thats when I bust his bubble and cast a Reverse Damage to retroactivly add the damage as life to our total. Boy was he pissed!

Second was when we where playing an Extended tournament. I was playing an Oath of druids/Serra avatar deck. I was stomping people left and right with a turn 2 Oath of druids and a turn 3 Serra Avatar, then spirit linked. After each game I would go to report to the shop owner running the event to ask who was my next opponant. He asked me how I was doing. I told him I won the first game with 476 life, and the second with 1050 life. No lie! And the owner says glen (pointing to the guy with his jaw dropped after hearing my life total)is your next opponant. Just then Glen says how do you get that much life. I tell him to come to the back and get schooled in Oath of Druids 101...HAHAAH!!

P

Plaguelord

One of my most memorable plays was definitely when I was playing for fun and my friend was using his sliver deck and I was using one of my black decks. He managed to get the ashnod's altar/heartstone/sliver queen combo off for infinite slivers...he had to wait another turn because I had eradicated all of his heart slivers and I cast a plague wind on my turn and killed him with two delraiches.

E

Elrond

My most memorable play would have to be when I was playing my green/red deck, which only has one Rolling Thunder in it and relies on getting out a Skyshroud Elf to get red.
Well, I had out four Priests of Titania, four Seekers of Skybreak, a Skyshroud Elf, a Rofellos, a ton of saporling tokens from a Verdant Force, about twenty squirrel tokens from Deranged Hermits and Squirrel Wranglers,and a Gaea's Cradle out. I did over 250 points of damage with one Rolling Thunder. It was cool.

L

Lythand

Elrond..Imagine if you had out a conspiracy and named elves :)

Z

Zadok001

Actually, mine was quite recent... My play group does occassional MM Block drafts (or 6th, Nemesis, Prophecy drafts), this one was about two weeks ago. This one was pure MM block

I was playing G/u, mainly fatties. I went largely undefeated for the purposes of the tournament (ok, I won all but one game, and swept everyone else), since my deck was running (!) Extravagent Spirit, Blastoderm, and a few other broken fat rares. :) A sick, sick deck that simply dominated... Oh, yeah, there was a Dominate. :) That's what this story was about. (This was also the game I lost, btw...)

My opponent had me outnumbered ~5 to 1, and kept attacking every turn with most of his creatures, knocking my life total lower and lower... Eventually I managed to pull out two creatures, which helped block, but not too much. I was too low on mana to Dominate anything big on the other side of the table, except the Spore Frog... When my opponent declared his next attack, he'd calculated it out to kill me by attacking with everything. I responded to the attack by Dominating Spore Frog.

Needless to say, he sacked it. Then he asked what I was blocking with. :) I had fun playing with his mind, telling him I wasn't dead, even though I refused to declare blockers. I had so much fun laughing about that...

A

Apollo

Mine was just a few days ago. I was playing a pretty good green deck in a 5-way multiplayer game, but I left out all of my Elves. As such, I was pretty much ignored except for one player who kept saying, "We better kill him or he'll pull something out of his @$$ and make us regret it." But he was killed off before he could take me below 12. One player had 3 Air Elementals and had Control Magicked a Sengir. While he was killing off the other players, I managed to play a couple Deranged Hermits and get a bunch of squirrels, but he played 3 Propagandas. Even the mana from my Cradle and a Priest and Rofellos (the two Elves that I did have in) wasn't enough to come close. I played a Spike Weaver that would keep me alive a few turns. On one of them, I managed to Twister one Prop, but it still wasn't enough. At the last second, I drew the Wildebeest that would keep me alive with the Weaver, but it was countered. I spent the last Weaver counter and drew, knowing I was dead. I drew another Cradle and thought "oh well, that's useless." Then I remembered the tap-and-sac trick with the Cradle and produced like 40 mana, just enough to overwhelm him with squirrels. He couldn't believe it, and all the other players were just yelling.

Except the guy who had wanted to kill me. He just kept saying "I told you so..."

D

Duel

Well, besides taking control of an inviobilitied, pariahed Avatar of hope, and winning by waiting my brother out... I also had fun with a couple other moves:

I'm playing my pandemonium deck. I just cast my pandemonium, and sneak attack is out. The other guy is playing fattie green. He runs at me with child of gaea, thorn elemental, and rhox, and I have no creatures except a gameskeeper. My move? I sac gameskeeper to goblin bombardment, dealing a damage to his rhox, and draw a card from fecundity. Then I use it's ability. Three cards later, I have a weatherseed in play, which kills his rhox. he regenerates it, but it's tapped. Then, with three red mana, I sneak out Avatar of Might, Thorn elemental, and Weatherseed. Killing him. Ouch.

M

Multani

This was a 5-way game with 2 teams of 2 and a bounty hunter. I use Defense Of the Heart and I bring out a Multani. Next turn, my partner uses a Turnabout on my turn at the opponent. I rushed Multani through. From then on, Multani was my best card. :D

E

Elrond

...I'm playing the green deck from before, except I thinned it down a little and took out the burn and the red mana producers. It's in a three way match, but the second guy gets killed off. My remaining opponent has out Crackdown, Worship, and nine other enchantments which help him gain life and a bunch of other stuff, I have out a huge horde that consists of: three Thorns, a Verdant Force, three Seekers, three Priests, Rofellos, and a Poacher, so the games at a stalemate. He decides to try and deck me, so he casts a 19 point braingeyser and forks it at me. Well that lets me get the Multani's Decree I need to get rid of his enchantments, and I go on to beat him with the above horde and two Taunting Elves and an Avatar of Might along with an Overrun for fun.

A

Almindhra

Turn 2 (maybe it was 3) Bargained a guy to death...hahahahhahahahahaha...

D

DÛke

...an Ancient Hydra.
I brought it into play, emptied all counters on it on the opponent, and attacked, then, Flickered it, and repeated the same thing.
In two turns, the opponent life dropped from 17 into -1 just by using 1 Ancient Hydra and 1 Flicker, I did have to Arrest and Pacificm all his other creature to do this, but it was fun.

T

theorgg

well, that reminds me of the time my G/B opponant got out a Minion of the Wastes for thirty-eight, leaving him at one life.

I topdeck one of my three flickers...

I think flicker is good, personally...

L

Lythand

Here is another game I remeber quite well.

It was a T1 tourny. This is before they restricted Bargain to just 1 in T1. I was playing the best T1 player in the area. He would win third turn at the latest. Well I was on turn 3 and got a Bargain out, already having a Cadaverous bloom. This deck I was playing was like the old Prosperous Bloom decks. Except for no prosperities. I used the Bargain instead. I would draw into a Drain Life. Use the remaining cards to get mana from the Cadaverous bloom, and cast the drain life. If I didnt draw into a Drain life, then I would use the mana to cast a Stream of life, to use to fuel the Bargain, and draw more cards.

Anyway on turn 3 I go off. I start drawing cards and cycling thru my deck like there is no tomorrow. Till I was able to cast a 20 point drain life. And Gary, my opponent, just sat there with this dumbfound look on his face. What was even better, was this was 2 out of 3. The second game I got the Bargain out the second turn. Once I dropped the Bargain, he just scooped up his cards and his words were" I cant compete against that."

The best Type 1 player in the area. Not only did I beat him, but I forced him to concede.:cool:

R

Riva Iron-Grip

the best game i had was when i was playing my bro, and he had 92 life and i had 3. i had 4 corrupts in my hand 2 dark rits and 1 living death with all 20 mana out on table. i only had 1 cateran persuader out and he had all of his creatures out in play. we were both down to 3-5 cards in our library and i cast a living death with my dark rits, then i cast 3 corrupts for 60 damage taking him to 32. so i konw had all my mercs out and he had 1 seeker of skybreak out. so i said go, and he attacked and i took it. then i attacked with all 35 of my creatures and romped his a&^

P

Purple_jester

It was my old land destruction deck, before the Black Vice was restricted. I got what some people call the "miracle opening." My opponent played first by laying down a Plains. Then my turn followed.

Play Strip Mine. Sacrifice Strip Mine to destroy Plains. Play Lotus Petal. Sacrifice Lotus Petal to cast Dark Ritual. Spend 1 black mana to cast Sol Ring. Tap Sol Ring for 2 colorless mana. Play 2 Black Vices and 1 Howling Mine.

My opponent blinked a couple of times, and stared at the seven cards in his hand. He asked me what the card I drew. When I showed him another Howling Mine, he conceded right then and there. Smart move, considering my next draw was a mountain and a Stone Rain.

Sigh. Ah, memories. :)

BTW, Riva. Are you a David Eddings fan? Or maybe you have the Orb of Aldur in your deck? ;)

O

orangejuice64

probably when I was playing my brother's wurm deck. I had gotten all my creatures out(which was only half my 100 card deck)and was ready to attack. My taunting elf made all his wurms block while my creatures snuck in for the attack. I put him out, dealing 42 damage. Final Score: 2-0, I win.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I would have to say it would be when I got out the Aluren-Equilirium-2Cloud of Fairies combo and played a 170000 point Krakilin. My opponent was playing Fish and had no cards in hand. The sentence that would normally go here is so obvious that I will choose to leave it out.