You Make the Card!

J

Jigglypuff

The final step in the YMTC voting is up. Go here.

I hope one of those dumb puns like "The grass is meaner on the other side." doesn't win.

(- Steve -)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

"This is your last chance to be part of Magic history."

Considering the crapfest this was, that sounds about right.
(We made a green creature that makes things bigger. Whoopdedo!)

I voted for... the hands steel thing, I already forgot. None of the options are particularly interesting.

Why is flavor text no longer an art?

J

Jigglypuff

Not only that, but "we" made a green creature that will primarily be splashed into blue decks. Since "we" screwed up the casting cost and removed a green mana from it. "We" are stupid idiots.

(- Steve -)

T

theorgg

Indeed "we" are, Jigglypuff.

I feel that the name should have had some kind of "Force" in the title...

Force of Nature
Verdant Force
and this big baddy, Forgotten Anchient? Sheepsheyit! Anchient Force would be o.k...

*Sigh*

Well, I guess "Grow" just got better...

Bah! Why not 0/4 for 2GG? Because Spike is an arsehole.

Why not "_________ Force?" because the new kids don't know any kind of history.

Why not an Ooze? Oscar didn't rant on it in one of his columns soon enough.

Why not Oozing Force? 'cause that'd be stupid. Duh!

E

EricBess

Yeah, I liked the name Verdant Nexus. For a couple reasons. First, because it's upkeep effect is sort of like Verdant Force, but instead of getting 1/1 creatures, you get 1/1 counters that you can throw around to other creatures.

The other reason I like Verdant Nexus is because it fits the story line for the set best. The forest is the owner of the Mirari and it has created this beast which is the forest incarnate.

On the other hand, Forgotten Ancient makes it sound like this creature has been around forever and no one remembered him. How does that really fit the story line?

T

train

Kavu had been around forever - they just needed to wake up...

E

EricBess

This guy's an elemental, not a Kavu. Besides, Kavu's didn't really "tie into" the story line. Neither will this, but Verdant Nexus could have.