Yet another revision of my U/B control deck. All comments and suggestions welcome...

P

PTQ

Now it is even less creature intensive, and has even more counters. The Chilling Apperitions that were in there did not do much for me, so I swapped them out for 2 more counters and 2 Thrashing Wumpus. Help! The longer I work on a deck the worse it usualy gets because I start second guessing myself. It's not too long untill states, and I need something to take with me...so help me make this better...please?

Blue (20)
4 Air Elemental
4 Counterspell
4 Thwart
2 Foil
2 Misdirection
4 Fact or Fiction

Black (8)
2 Thrashing Wumpus
4 Snuff Out
2 Massacre

Gold (8)
4 Undermine
4 Recoil

Land (24)
4 Underground River
2 Salt Marsh
11 Islands
7 Swamps

D

Daenen

I like it. Back in the Olden days of Magic (pre-Ice Age), there was a deck known as "Bruiser." It was a control deck, and it had an answer for everything. Counterspells, Creature Removal, Bounce, etc. The only thing you're missing is Bounce. I know, you're thinking "How will that save me?" Believe me, it will. It buys you one extra turn, allowing you to Fact or Fiction for another Counterspell.

Misdirection will be needed. I'd advise playing another one Sideboard, simply for fear of Urza's Rage.

Overall, this deck is a good, all around deck. The thing that will make or break your winning states will be your sideboard. Play against every deck posted here, and anywhere else you can find. Figure out which ones eat your deck for breakfast, and side against them.

Submerge should be an addition, as well as Chill, maybe even 2 more Massacres, depending on how popular WW is around there.

Well, I hope I was of some help.

Killer Joe

The Massacres and Misdirections bother me, I'm thinking sideboard? Maybe you could replace them with 3x Spite/Malice (good removal and counterspell) and add 1x Yawgmoth's Agenda (really good in the late game. Just think of how you can use FoF a fifth time or more!)

AIR ELEMENTALS! Good choice.

D

Duel

I'm sorry, but misdirections are some good. I was about to suggest more of them. They're keepers.

G

Gizmo

Neil built this up for a laugh.
DAMN IT`S ANNOYING!

I pitched my CounterWrath deck against it and, 50 minutes later, I won the first game by a single card (as in, I decked him out). I think that probably means that it`s some good. Not sure it beats creature decks so easily though.

Good deck.

D

Duel

I know. I anticipate seeing this deck at tourneys. It beats fast blue/black, it beats LD. So, hoow to deal with it? any suggestions for sideboard cards.

P

PTQ

I was thinking of putting in two Coffin Puppets and taking out two Air Elemental so I could more or less have more creatures. Is this a good idea?