Yawgmoth's Will

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by grayson, Mar 5, 2003.

1. grayson New Member

Hello everyone, I need clarification on Yawgmoth's Will. Does it allow me to play ANY cards in my graveyard including lands? If I can play lands can I play any or all of the lands in my graveyard or just one (since I can only play one land per turn form my hand)? Are there any exceptions to which cards I can play from my graveyard?

Thanks for your help.
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

It includes lands but you're still restricted to the one land per turn (unless you have other effects out to get around it). Basically treat your graveyard like your hand.

Look here for all the stuff on it at crystalkeep.
  3. train The Wildcard!!!...

get 'em spidey!...

now let's get spidey ready for that level 5 test...
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

We should probably do 1-4 first :p
  5. grayson New Member

Thanks for your help. That's how I thought it worked but wanted to make sure in case it comes up in my multi-player group (some friends of mine and our wives). Yea, I know, we're a bunch of scrubs but we have a blast playing magic together. After all, it is just a game, right? :cool:
  6. EricBess Active Member

Just to clarify, when spidey says "treat your graveyard like you hand", that's only for purposes of what you can play and what you can cast. The cards are not actually in your hand, so you can't discard them (cycling, Force of Will, etc.) and, if they have an effect if played (or not played) from hand, they will not have been played from your hand. For example, correct me if my wording of Phage is incorrect, but if you play a Phage from your graveyard, you die.
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I agree with that.

It's like those other cards that let you play something "as if it was in your hand". I think there's an Ice Age artifact (or Mirage block) and there's a Legion or Onslaught card too.
  8. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Now to get a combo with that will??? lets see...