Yawgmoth's Killing Machine (for Sideboard)

J

jcredberry

This is the deck I will submit to Sideboard for the Auction of Champs... It's called YKM (Yawgmoth's Killing Machine) and all the cards (except for lands) make a reference to the black God... The idea is to generate as much mana as possible and as fast as possible to send a killer Death Grasp... :eek:

Spells:
4 Culling the Weak
4 Dark Ritual
4 Death Grasp
4 Duress
2 Yawgmoth's Will

Creatures:
4 Unworthy Dead
4 Priest of Yawgmoth
4 Order of Yawgmoth
2 Eastern Paladin
2 Western Paladin

Land:
4 Caves of Koilos
4 Ebon Stronghold
4 Everglades
4 Lake of the Dead
4 Scrubland
6 Swamp

Hope you like it... :D

G

Griffith_se

Well I noticed one thing.
I think instead of Priest of Yawgmoth you need something else.
I think you need to control an artifact to use that card.

????????????
Blood Vassel
Eye of Yawgmoth
Skirge Familiar

<shrug>

J

jcredberry

Finally someone!!! Yes , I used Skirge Familiar which I liked better... What do you think about the deck??? :confused:

J

jcredberry

Doesn't have a reference to Yawgmoth on it's text... That's the theme of the deck...

J

jcredberry

Where??? :rolleyes:

Priest of Gix
2B
Type: Black Creature - Minion
Non-Foil Uncommon
Artist: Brian Despain
Edition: US

When Priest of Gix comes into play, add BBB to your mana pool.

"Gix doesn't want a people to rule but puppets to entertain his madness." -Xantcha, Phyrexian outcast

I

Istanbul

It'll never get used.
This deck is effective, but dull as dishwater...and based around turbo-Drain, NOT any real creature type.

J

jcredberry

Well, maybe it's dull for people who thinks fun is beatdown... But I have seen a lot of comments about decks submitted to Sideboard that included blue... BTW, blue means counter, which is not at all fun to play against.... This deck is not beatdown, not control... Just a card can kill you... Let's see how it goes...

Now, the creature type questtion is different and maybe you're right about it... I thought it so, but I submitted it anyways...

I didn't know something called Turbo-Drain existed before I designed the deck... I just liked it to be a Yawgmoth deck and it had all this wonderful cards to generate mana and use with the Death Grasp...

Thanx for your comments...

I

Istanbul

There's a difference between decks that include countermagic and decks that are based on countermagic. Blue decks that happen to have a few creatures but are heavy on countermagic won't get played. Blue decks that are based on creatures (say, a Fish deck) with a few counterspells in them have a fair shot.