Yawgmoth's Agenda

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by immortal grave walker, Oct 26, 2000.

1. When I play this card onmy turn does it count as my one spell per turn?

Also can I play the ability
    of the card on my opponents turn?
  2. EricBess Active Member

Yes, it counts as a spell played on your turn.

Yes, you can play fron your graveyard any time you could play a spell, even on your opponent's turn. You may not play a spell when otherwise could not play it, however. So, you can cast an instant from the graveyard on your opponent's turn, but not a creature.
  3. Cateran Emperor Passed On

No and yes. The Agenda can't see itself as it's being played. You can cast one more spell once the Agenda resolves. EB is correct on the second count though.
  4. Baskil CPA Member

Wouldn't this fall under the same ruling as Arcane Lab? Which I thought counted itself when it was played.
  5. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

Actually, EricBess has it right.

Think of it like this.
    You play Yawgmoth's Agenda, then try to announce another spell. The game wants to know: "Have you already played a spell this turn?" The answer, of course, is yes; you played Yawmoth's Agenda.

(This is the same way Arcane Lab works.)
  6. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

What timing, Baskil. ;)
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

8. EricBess Active Member

The Agenda definitely sees itself. This is recent from the rules team. There was a mistake on the FAQ, which has been corrected.

Agenda works exactly the same way as Arcane Lab for purposes of determining if a spell has been cast.

The only relevant question is: Have you already played a spell this turn? Not: Can you play another spell this turn?
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Is there a current link to see the rules correction? I'm guessing it will during crystalkeep's regularly monthly update when it will appear there.
  10. Ransac CPA Trash Man

I add my vote in saying that Y.'s Agenda counts as the one spell. There's no question about it. Vote for me.

Ransac, running under the monkey party

Ransac/Monkey 2000