Yawgmoth Agenda and discard...

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by jcredberry, Mar 19, 2001.

1. jcredberry Gochan Warlord

Since Yawgmoth Agenda says that I can play my graveyard cards as if they are in my hand, can I discards cards from my graveyard in response to any discard spell???

Thankx...
  2. EricBess Active Member

No,

You may play spells from the graveyard as if they were in your hand, but they are not actually in your hand, so there is no way to discard them.
  3. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

"As if!"

Heh.

Sorry, very tired. :p
  4. jcredberry Gochan Warlord

Is it wrong???
    I'm from Venezuela and I've never been outside of my country for more than a week, so my english may be a little harsh...
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Your English is fine, great even for someone who really hasn't been out of his country. Chaos Turtle (I think) was doing a little humor there:

"As if" is a roll-the-eyes-type slang phrase that basically means "whatever". As in:

Parent: You're not going to the party until you finish your homework.

Rebellious teenager: Yeah, right... As if...

Since "as if" is in the card wording, Chaos Turtle was trying to tie in that phrase context with your question.

Get it? :D
  6. EricBess Active Member

Spidey,

Chaos Turtle says he's "very tired". Isn't that a sign of... I mean, doesn't that happen when you get... Well, all I'm saying is that maybe you don't need to be worried in that other thread because if this is any indication, he's not going to be able to do much to you anyway.... ;)
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Besides, we all know how fast Turtles move... :D
  8. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

And just how fast do you think a Turtle in an F-16 moves?

Huh?

Computer Voice: "Missiles Armed. Fire When Ready."
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Ya gotta use artifical means to catch a spider... :D

Little did you know that the F-16 was made by Acme ;)
  10. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

Computer Voice: Warning...useless spring has popped out of hull.

Wha...?

CV: Warning, fuse is sputtering.

Fuse? What the...?

CV: Warning, Road Runner is too fast for you.

WTF!? I'm not hunting Road Run-

KA-BOOM

*Suspended comically in midair, CT holds up a little sign, "This sucks," the flips it over, "BYE."*

*Plummets hundreds of feet to the floor of the Grand Canyon.*

*"Pffff" goes the little dust cloud when he hits.*

Grr... just you wait until my spring-loaded rocket-powered jet-pack roller-skate nuclear device delivery system gets here...

*Watches the mail*

11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

* overhead shot of Spiderman looking down from the cliff at the cloud of dust *

"Thwip, thwip!"

* backshot of Spiderman, um, crawling away into the distance with little cloud puffs behind him *
  12. EricBess Active Member

LOL

You know, someone must have cast a Counterspell because Spidey is definitely cheeky. Besides which, I didn't see anything in Wrath of Turtle saying "...cheeky non-turtle CPA members..." and CT is still here too...
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I could make the semi-obvious comment about "cheeky", but I'll refrain so this forum doesn't become an extension of Off-Topic... :)