Yavimaya Elder and the stack

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Killer Joe, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Killer Joe Active Member

Yavimaya Elder

So I pay the {2} and sac the elder to do this: draw a card

When the elder hits the graveyard the trigger ability goes to the stack, then I do it and THEN draw the card, right?
  2. BigBlue Magic Jones

(we'll assume an empty stack - since it doesn't matter as these will resolve before you get to any other items before it on the stack)

Action (Stack)

Sac Elder to draw a card, (Draw a Card)
    Elder goes to gy, which triggers gy effect (Draw a Card, Library Search)

Assuming nothing else happens, yes, Library search will happen before drawing a card... I don't think anything can happen in between those either - because sac is payment and triggered ability comes from it hitting gy... but someone could put something on top of it... I don't think there's any way to insert something in between them in the stack either... unless they've added some bizarre instant.
  3. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Well done BB.
    The only thing that could "get" between the two is if another ability was triggered by the Elder hitting the stack and then triggers go on the stack....
  4. Killer Joe Active Member

knew that, I was justing checking!
    Thanks guys.

To Moosie: Blue Rules?
  5. BigBlue Magic Jones

If there is a replacement effect:

"When a permanent goes to the Graveyard from play, remove it from the game instead."

Is that a "triggered" effect?
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I don't think so, it's just a replacement effect. So any permanent going to the graveyard goes to the removed from game zone instead, as if the card text said "When ~ is removed from game". So any graveyard effects wouldn't trigger but removed from game effects DO trigger.
  7. BigBlue Magic Jones

That's what I thought...

I was just checking...
  8. abcd312 New Member

"Maybe not Bob. From what I hear David is a bit strange so perhaps he would lean in Andrew's favor to see Tracy's boobs take a serious pounding from kim kardashian sex tape Andrew's balls." Harry says.

"That's a good point Harry...David could be a wild card in this fight...he could influence the fight either way. cartoon sex Also at ringside tonight will be Mike....who happens to be Tracy's husband." Bob says.