WWYT: Round Seven Results (End)

B

BigBlue

We have some very bright people here - as far as I'm concerned. The list is the Greek name with their Roman equivalent when I was able to find it.

Zeus (Jupiter) 6
Aphrodite (Venus) 5
Poseidon (Neptune) 5
Ares (Mars) 4
Hades (Pluto) 4
Apollo 3
Artemis (Diana) 3
Hera (Juno) 3
Athena (Minerva) 2
Chaos 1
ChiCago 1
Cronus (Saturn) 1
Da Gropenfuhrer 1
Daphne 1
Demeter (Ceres) 1
Dionysus (Bacchus) 1
Eros (Cupid) 1
Gaea (Tellus) 1
Hecate (Trivia) 1
Heracles (Hercules) 1
Mercury (Hermes) 1
Rhea 1
Tartarus 1
Uranus 1

The Points results - Spiderman ALMOST didn't make the 2 he needed to finish the game with 25, but alas he did make the cut at thel last minute - literally.

EricBess 23 (5)
TomB 22 (3)
Spiderman 21 (2)
Azreal 21 (2)
rkoelsch 21 (2)
JigglyPuff 20
Nightstalkers 17
SeFro 9
Manpriest 5 If I could award points for style these two would get them...
train 5 I was very impressed with their answers.

Cumulative Scores:

Spiderman 25 ** W I N N E R **
EricBess 21 - got within striking distance...
TomB 12
rkoelsch 10
Apollo 6 (and didn't play in his namesake round... too busy I'd garner)
train 4
Azreal 3
Jigglypuff 3

I will be starting up another game soon... I'm debating over WWYT or an attempt at Scattegories . . .

For a change of pace...

T

train

chaos
gaea
tartarus
eros
uranus

Those should have been everyone but spidey and EricBess's answers...:rolleyes: ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Thank goodness I put the top four answers which saved me... I didn't really think of Hades/Pluto; I put Hermes...

I'm up for whatever... maybe I'll do a game too. I've been trying to adapt this board game to the web but need to draw the board...

T

train

I did forget to say:

Congrats Spidey!!!....

Though you could have taken it easy on me...;) :p

A

Apollo

I did send in answers, I don't know what happened... they were good ones, too:

Zeus
Aphrodite
Poseidon
Hades
Apollo

:(

B

BigBlue

If you sent them... I didn't seem to get them... And those answers would have put you tied with EB for first...

Also - they would have prevented Spidey from getting points because his 24 would have been fewer than the 3 way tie for 3rd...

I feel bad... was that after my reminder yesterday?

E

EricBess

I considered Ares, but I didn't think it would be up there. I actually was going to put Hera instead of Apollo and it looks like that would have been one more point, but not a significant difference. I figured having an Apollo post here would have bumped that one up. :D

I'm all for letting Apollo submit late. But then again, I may be a bit bias as this point. It's always a tough call, but check your inbox BB, just to be sure.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Was that I didn't know who - possibly - would be his Greek equivalent, and the question did state Greek gods, albeit with a proviso.

So what's the upshot of all this BB?

B

BigBlue

Well . . . Since Spidey is ok with going to 40... I will include Apollo's answers and rescore the round... You cannot score fewer points then you already did, I'm not going to take points away from anyone....

The revised results for player points in this round are:

Apollo 28 (5) Bumped 5
EricBess 28 (5)
TomB 25 (3)
rkoelsch 25 (2)
Azreal 25 (2)
Spiderman 24 (2)
JigglyPuff 22
Nightstalkers 18
SeFro 10
Train 5
Manpriest 5

Cumulative Scores are (this game goes to 40):

Spiderman 25
EricBess 21
TomB 12
Apollo 11
rkoelsch 10
train 4
Azreal 3
Jigglypuff 3

I will put up a question now, but they won't be due until the 31st... since I'm putting it up late and there are holidays to contend with...

Oh yeah, and TomB - Apollo is Apollo - he's one of the few gods whose name was the same in both...

T

train

So I can still sweep the final rounds and take the crown!!!...

Yippee!!!!!!!!...:D

:rolleyes:

A

Apollo

Thanks BigBlue. I'm sorry for the confusion, I don't know what happened--I actually sent them in the first day (very excited that I got to answer my own name in one of these things :)) and then didn't check back in for a while and so didn't see your PM until after you'd scored.

I consulted my girlfriend on which dieties to choose, so you can verify my story with her if you like. :p

N

Notepad

Cograts to Spidey.

But I can't believe nobody else listed Chicago.

I mean, Chicago's the greatest god in the greek Pantheon ever!!! SHoulda been listed by everyone, even those not even playing the game!!!