WWYT: Round 6 Answers and Scores!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Name 5 Winter Olympic sports (men and women's events for the same event count as the same, ie. swimming would cover men & womens)

PM your answer by Monday, 4/24 by 7:00 AM EST. Anyone can join in, of course.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The answers were much more grouped this time :)

Answers - Points

Figure Skating 9
Hockey 9
Skiing 8
Bobsled 6
Luge 5
Curling 4
Speed Skating 3
Ski Jump 2
Slalom 2

And 1 pt answers: Biathlon, Snowboarding

As you can see, everyone had figure skating and hockey and just one person missed skiing.

Players (Score) - Game Points

DarthFerret (37) - 5
turgy22 (36) - 3
train (35) - 2
BigBlue (33) - 1
Melkor (32)
orgg (32)
Oversoul (32)
Mooseman (31)
Jigglypuff (28)
EricBess (27)

Melkor, orgg, and Oversoul - oh, so close to scoring this round :) But train and turgy22 are on the board!

Overall Game Points

Jigglypuff: 16
Ransac: 12
BigBlue: 10
DarthFerret: 10
Limited: 9
Oversoul: 8
EricBess: 6
Melkor: 3
orgg: 3
turgy22: 3
train: 2

L

Limited

Just curious.. I put down 'Skating'.. how many points would it have been? Would it have Figure Skating or Speed Skating or neither?
Because the list has Skiing, but also Ski Jump and Slalom

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I feel really stupid now, because I seriously switched one answer from bobsled to biathlon because I thought more people would pick it for the weirdness factor...

T

train

See the other thread and EricBess's statements about idiots...

Never can tell...

:D;)

E

EricBess

I considered Biathalon, but didn't put it for that same reason of being a bit more obscure. Also, I consider "Slolem" to be "Skiing", which is why I didn't specifically put it. It looks as if one other person put both, though...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Crap, I apologize. Looking back at the voting, it appears I put down that EricBess had both skiing and slalom (his question/statement puzzled me so I went back to check who put both). He actually put skating instead of skiing.

And two other people did two... I asked one to clarify since he was (at the time) the only one I thought to put down skating, but another set of answers came through over the weekend with "skating". So I'm going to put "skating" as its own category with those three people and re-score everything... Man, I'm messing up.

In the future, since this game depends on mostly exact answers compared with other people (except such an open question like the deserted island one), I'm going to keep with those answers.

Answers - Points

Hockey 9
Figure Skating 7
Skiing 7
Bobsled 6
Luge 5
Curling 4
Skating 3
Speed Skating 3
Ski Jump 2
Slalom 2

And 1 pt answers: Biathlon, Snowboarding

Player (Score) - Game Points

DarthFerret (34) - 5
turgy22 (33) - 3
train (32) - 2
BigBlue (30) - 1
Mooseman (29)
Oversoul (29)
Jigglypuff (25)
Melkor (25)
orgg (25)
EricBess (22)

Well, I guess that didn't change the overall Game Points (whew!)

Overall Game Points

Jigglypuff: 16
Ransac: 12
BigBlue: 10
DarthFerret: 10
Limited: 9
Oversoul: 8
EricBess: 6
Melkor: 3
orgg: 3
turgy22: 3
train: 2

turgy22

Nothing Special
Finally! Points!
Man, and I almost put Luge as my fifth answer, but thought more people would say curling for its recent rise in popularity.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
My perfect record is still intact... even after the evil Spiderman tried to rework the points....... hahahahahaha (manical laughing)........... :D

BTW - I am trying every round.... this time I have 4 of the top 5 and my 5th pick (Slalom) was not a 1 pointer.

T

train

So another chance for my streak to stay intact, and it still didn't hold up...

guess it just wasn't meant to be...

:cool: