Cheese/Mozzarella 7
Ham/Canadian Bacon 5
Anchovies 4
Green Peppers 3
Pineapple 3
Olives 2
Onion 2

And 1 pt answers: Bacon, Hamburger

I have a feeling Canadian Bacon means the same as one of the others (ham?) so if it does, I can re-score.

Everyone put pepperoni. One didn't put sausage...

Player (Score) - Game Points

BigBlue (44) - 5
DarthFerret (44) - 5
Ransac (43) - 2
EricBess (42) - 1
Jigglypuff (42) - 1
Melkor (40)
train (38)
Mooseman (37)
turgy22 (37)
Oversoul (35)
orgg (34)
Limited (28)

Game Points:

Jigglypuff: 11
BigBlue: 9
Limited: 8
Ransac: 6
DarthFerret: 5
EricBess: 4
Melkor: 3
Oversoul: 3
orgg: 2

T

train

canadian bacon is the same as ham...

Though SeFRo (Notepad) might tell us best if he is still around... last I recall he was doing the pizza thing...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Crap.... I'd go from 1st to 5th with ham being added to C. Bacon..... but they are the same.. :(

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

I am the only non-American playing?

I've never heard of 'sausage' as a pizza topping, I don't even know what Canadian Bacon is and I only guessed pepperoni because thats what you hear in movies ed.

:(

(Hamburger a pizza topping? WTF?)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So I don't even come close, partially because the rest of you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT PIZZA. Cheese is not a topping! :p

L

Limited

Oversoul said:
Cheese is not a topping! :p
I figured normal cheese is always present, but you can add Mozarella or Gorgonzola and other cheeses... so I went for Mozzarella.

(The beauty of this game is that you can't debate the correctness of the answers, because it only matters what they others think the answer is. I heard this one story where they played this game with a lot of elderly people and the question was to name five Rap artist.
Frank Sinatra was the number one answer :) )

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Actually, Extra-cheese is usually listed as a topping choice.

I foresee that I will be the only one to not get any points, so this is like golf right....... lowest score wins? :p

turgy22

Nothing Special
Mooseman said:
I foresee that I will be the only one to not get any points, so this is like golf right....... lowest score wins? :p
Absolutely. Right now, you, me and train are in the lead.

D

DarthFerret

Woo hooo, finally got some points. Not sure why all you people like to have fungus growing on your pizza's. ah well, at least I got the points...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, scores have been edited to show ham and Canadian bacon are the same... as you can see, BB and DarthFerret benefitted the most... Ransac, you just placed 3rd, not 5th...

T

train

Not to defend the answer... but hamburger is a topping... and it differs from sausage...

E

EricBess

Hm..I didn't see how this played out before combining Ham and Canadian Bacon, but I have to difer in opinion on them being the same. In my case, I debated over which to put between Ham and Canadian Bacon because in some areas, they call one the other, but there are other areas where they are two very distinct toppings.

In the end, I decided to put neither because I didn't want to vote into a split vote and went with Pineapple. If I had known they were going to be treated as the same thing, I would have gone with that and ended up tied with BigBlue and Darth Ferret.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
So, are you arguing for your points to be redone or for the concept of Canadian Bacon to be re-thought?

Ransac, cpa trash man

E

EricBess

To me, Canadian Bacon is big circles of fairly tough, drying meat. Ham is little squares of tender, moist meat. I don't consider them the same, but realized that some people might. At the very least, I don't think that anyone should be penalized for considering this differently.

The fact that some people consider them the same is clear, and I certainly understand that viewpoint, but in my case, I specifically avoid putting either for that very reason and I discussed putting it on my list with my wife and would have except that I figured the vote would effectively be split.

Perhaps I should have PMed Spiderman to ask him if they were considered the same before submitting the list, but the fact that he left them split originally shows that I'm not the only one that felt that way.

At the very least, I would argue that it should be scored both ways and each person given points based on which way worked out best for them. I would consider that a fair way to handle the situation.

B

BigBlue

I believe Canadian Bacon is "similar" to ham, but not the same... I'm sure the Internet would provide the answer....

I can't believe I got the first 5 answers... I knew 4 were good, but figured one would be weak (Canadian Bacon, actually)...

T

train

I now know what you mean about the ham bit... the different cuts etc...

Especially on those cheap microwaveable pizzas...

As for the scoring... that sounds fair... either way I'm not in...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think re-scoring for both is fair... I can see how some might consider Canadian bacon and ham to be different... so here's the "original" way of scoring with them separate:

Answers - Points

Pepperoni 12
Sausage 11
Mushrooms 9
Cheese/Mozzarella 7
Anchovies 4
Canadian Bacon 3
Green Peppers 3
Pineapple 3
Ham 2
Olives 2
Onion 2

And 1 pt answers: Bacon, Hamburger

I have a feeling Canadian Bacon means the same as one of the others (ham?) so if it does, I can re-score.

Everyone put pepperoni. One didn't put sausage...

Player (Score) - Game Points

Ransac (43) - 5
BigBlue (42) - 3
DarthFerret (42) - 3
EricBess (42) - 3
Jigglypuff (42) - 3
Melkor (37)
Mooseman (37)
turgy22 (37)
train (36)
Oversoul (35)
orgg (31)
Limited (28)

So based on taking the highest score, Ransac, BB. and DarthFerret get 5 points and EricBess and jigglypuff get 3. Whew!

Final game Points:

Jigglypuff: 13
BigBlue: 9
Ransac: 9
Limited: 8
EricBess: 6
DarthFerret: 5
Melkor: 3
Oversoul: 3
orgg: 2