WWYT - Round 11 Results

E

EricBess

I was hoping for a lot of different answers this time. I don't know if it's just that Shakespeare only has a handful of works that stand out or if these are the ones that are drilled into heads in high school now days. Regardless, there were only 9 different works of Shakespeare listed from all 13 players. In fact, 4 people all put the top 5 answers.

Macbeth (13) - Everyone put this
Romeo and Juliet (13) - Okay, this one was probably a gimme
Hamlet (10)
Othello (10) - For some reason, it surprises me that this one had so many responses
A Midsummer Night's Dream (10)
Julius Ceasar (5) - E tu, Brute?
King Lear (2)
The Tempest (2)

And I would have thought that more people would have put the only 1 point answer this round, The Taming of the Shrew.

As you might have guessed, Mr Generic Answers was one of the 4 matching players...

Apollo - 55 (5)
Azreal - 55 (5)
BigBlue - 55 (5)
Spiderman - 55 (5)
sageridder - 51
train - 51
orgg - 50
rkoelsch - 50
TomB - 48
Jigglypuff - 47
Melkor - 47
Zhaneel - 47
Nightstalkers - 42

Since that pushes Spiderman over 25 points, he is the winner. Final standings:

Spiderman - 28
BigBlue - 25
Azreal - 24
train - 16
Apollo - 15
sageridder - 12
TomB- 12
rkoelsch - 10
orgg - 8
Jigglypuff - 6
Melkor - 6
Nightstalkers - 6
Zhaneel - 1

But don't worry. I'll start up a new round soon and the rest of you will have a chance to redeem yourself. I'll also throw in the occasional "jeopardy round" where the low score of the round stands to lose points. I just have to work out the details. More to come...

And thanks to everyone for playing.

S

sageridder

Way to go spiderman.:D
I debated for a while between midsummer nights dream and ceasar but went with the later figuring more people would have been required to read it in school, would have been a nice finish oh well.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I'm surprised at Othello as well, but I put Midsummer Night's Dream because Puck is the best. how can you not love Puck?

Woo Hoo! Third Place!, only one point behind BigBlue, not too shabby.

T

train

Get 'em Spidey...

I'm surprised I started off so strong... and then...

Fizzled...:rolleyes: :D

B

BigBlue

I kind of appreciate the fact that I'm not quite as generic... :D

Almost.... But not quite...

N

Nightstalkers

whats so bad about lurking in the shadows?

Last place! Finally

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone...

I can't believe I came back in the last couple rounds.... I guess I was thinking more like what everyone else would think :)

And I almost put King Lear instead of MacBeth :eek: Good thing I didn't...

R

rkoelsch

Spidey I did the same thing too out king lear for macbeth, now who has heard of Hamlet? congrats spidey:D