Others
4. Astral Slide
3. Aura Shards
4. Lightning Rift
4. Renewed Faith
3. Slice and Dice
2. Starstorm
1. Thran Foundry

I was currently working on a Black Green control deck but I put it on pause for the time being. However, many of you have a really good grasp of multi-player decks and I am once again calling on all of you to help me out. Here’s the scenario:
I want to play a deck (maybe this one) in an organized multi-player non-sanctioned point-based tournament at GASP (Gaming Association of Southwestern Pennsylvania). I am currently in 2nd place with 30 points and the guy in first is at 38 points. You get one point for each player you eliminate and additional points for 3rd, 2nd and 1st place (3 pts./6 pts./9 pts.). I don’t really need to win the actual game, but I need to eliminate the 1st. place guy so he can’t gain any MORE points. He plays at least two different kinds of decks: a Black/White with Pestilence, Wrath of God and Disenchant type spells and a Red/Green beastie deck. Neither of which are based on anything remotely resembling a net.dec. He’s had most success with the BW deck. This slide deck is just an idea. What do you suggest?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I don't see how this packs all that much of a punch consistently. I've never seen a similar deck in action though, so I can't be sure...

M

Mikeymike

Honestly, I don't love Slide for MP. It's 'hide' effects often are not big enough for MP. Plus, it will run into a disenchant early and often, leaving you in trouble.

But I do think it can work. Can you afford to run the Witness' 1GG cost over the Cartographer?

Speaking of which, you can improve your mana base some with duals if you have them. Those Painlands should be dual lands, and you can likely replace 1 of each basic with duals as well.

I love the Aura Shards tech, very tough. Kills Pestilence and Lashknife Barrier (which you definitely DO NOT want him playing with Pestilence).

Look at Duplicant, it is very dangerous in here. Or FTK maybe. I like the Duplicant b/c it takes care of creatures like Darksteel Colossus, which trick out often in MP.

I'm not sure how much I love the 4x Faithful and 4x Renewed Faith...lots of lifegain is just going to put a big old target on you and your permanents even though the effect isn't isanely powerful. Personally I wouldn't go so redundant here, I'd be more redundant on utility.

Thran Foundry - necessary? You know how many cards you draw, I'm wondering if it is really the best defensive measure.

T

Tabasco

I like the Trike recursion tech. they take 5 each time you cycle a card (3 from trike and 2 fom rift) Maybe consider a Sterling Grove or 2 as protection/search?

Killer Joe

Yeah, it's not supposed to pack any punch, I did that "punch" stratagy last time and got into some trouble mid-game but kinda made out alright with a third place.

I also don't like having to rely on enchantments but, a permanantless deck, for this particular environment, might not do so well either, that's why I sorta gave up on my B/G Biorhythm deck idea.

I wanted to go with a prison deck but like I've said in the past, these guys just love packing Disenchants and invariably target any enchanments mostly for this reason: "Just because." It drives me nutz!

If I go with this type of deck I do have 4 e-witness' and several Duplicants but I never, ever, have to worry about a Colossus, ever.

The decks I face are mostly based on what cards they own and what colors they like and 'to-hell' with stratagy. BUT! There's just enough randomness that would even make the BEST players nervous.

Maybe a mono-white control deck. I dunno.

The Thran Foundry is for recurrsion, these games can go Looooong.