WR Control

B

BigBlue

So, while playing sealed deck on Shandalar the other day, I ended up with an interesting group of cards....

Alladin - (1/1; 1RR,T: Gain Control of Target Artifact as long as you control ~)
Argivian Blacksmith (2/2; WW,T: Return target Artifact in your GY to you hand)
Orcish Mechanics (1/1; T, Sac an Artifact: Deal 2 dmg to target creature or player)
Ashnod's Transmorgrant (Artifact; T, Sac ~: Target non-artifact creature gets a +1/+1 counter and becomes an artifact)

This was interesting as it allowed me to steal the opponents creatures for zero card loss. I know there are other interesting cards which would fit into a deck like this... (The Mechanics are completely unnecessary, but helpful).

It would be casual since it's a fragile combo... But then White does have things to help with that too... The other major problem is these cards are way out of print... so it'd only be a virtual deck.

D

DarthFerret

This was actually a very common combo back in the days of the Arabian Nights, and Antiquities expansions. The Blacksmith was one of the top rated cards (and one of the highest priced). Of course, keep in mind that this is also when Counterspells were considered pretty rare, and if you had 4 Serra Angels, you were almost unbeatable. Amazing how the game has changed from that time huh? (Remember LIFO?, Interrupts?)