WotC and Hasbro

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, you guys see the story on Hasbro trying to acquire WotC? Interesting, huh?

Any comments?

TomB
CPA Member
"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref tutor

Ferret

Staff member
Nope. No comments at all.

-ferret

"...at worst, it might affect the Pro Tour..."

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
I agree with Ferret here. All that is really happening is that WotC is becoming a department of Hasbro. The only thing that I can really see being axed is the PT, because its a money loser. But then again, it seems to be an integral part of competitive Magic, so it probably won't go.

To quote (I think this is exact) one of Ferret's quotes on the dojo:
"...You made $100,000,000 last year. Well, we're just going to have to put a stop to THAT!"

-mike

Oh, wait. I forgot something. Board stuff. As you've probably all noticed, I put the smilie code in. Hope you've enjoyed that, cause I'm going to be adding in 2 more hacks that I wrote:
1. Custom Status- Under your name, it will say something like "CPA Founder" or "CPA Member", instead of Administrator, Member, etc.
2. Total Number of Posts: Under the Custom Status, it will say, as of that post, how many posts you've made total.

I spent about 3 hours trying to get an edit posts hack working, but after I got to the edit posts form (with the message), and clicked on the submit edited post button, it just said document contained no data and didn't work.
Oh well.

Tony, anything from Doust?

-mike
Yes, I know I signed twice.

B

Baron Sengir

Nope. Still no word. He e-mailed me a while back and that was the last I heard from him. I am getting a little ticked off. Time to do something about it. I'll be right back.

FOUNDERS: Check your e-mail accounts.

I remain
The Baron
Getting midievil

Ferret

Staff member
Did. Sent a nice mail to him. Hope he gets it soon...

-ferret

"...we're so damned close!"