Words+ Read the Runes

K

Killerbob

Read the Runes is a little hyped where I live. But I dont think its very good. Anyway doesnt it make a combo with Words spells? Its mana intensive, but I think the combo works.
Talking about the Words. They are SO BROKEN with Sylvan Library!

T

theorgg

If read the runes is what I'm thinking of(XU, Draw X, either discard or sac X), then you still have to discard and sacrifice after casting it.

It's a combonation of Frantic Search and the black card that allows you to sac permanants to draw cards...

Bah.

I'm not one for it, but it's got potential in some deck types.

L

Lotus Mox

With RtR you don't have to discard/sac if you don't draw cards with it.

So for UXX you can get X times the Word's effect, this is IMHO not particularly powerful, I think the Words are better with some sort of consistent card drawing.
(Archivist + Words of Waste = lockdown :eek: )

RtR might go into UG Madness/Threshold, although Breakthrough is IMO better.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

That combo isn't all that good.
Read the Runes + Words of War: XXU blaze. Nope.
- + Words of Waste: Everyone else discards a lot. I'm not sure what demand there is for that ability but *shrug*
- + Words of Wilding: Turn lots of cards into tokens. Interesting - either a less card intensive Zombie Infestation spree or a way to get a lot of bears into play. Pandemonium maybe?
- + Words of Wind: Same as Words of Waste, interesting but not by itself that good... you have to bounce your stuff too.
- + Words of Worship: NECRO/Bargain/etc.
Even so, it isn't that good, because you can only use it once and it's so mana intensive. Then again, with a Skirge Familiar...
...nah.
Besides, Peace of Mind was already available for a long time to serve a similar effect in necro-type decks.