words of worship + Zur's Wielding

13NoVa

i want to make a quick and effective TYPE 1 (casual... so it doesnt have to be a first turn or second turn kill....) deck using Zur's wielding and Words to worship...

My combo is going to be like this:

Zurs Wielding
phyrexian arena (Lets me draw durring upkeep)
Words of Worship.

the idea is to screw the other person out of drawing by gaining life with words+Phyrexian arena, and Words...

i was thinking 3 color, using necropotence + Bargain, and convelescant care... but idk...

well imr eally sore from football practice so imma gunna hit the hottub. ill post my deck list tonight.

T

train

Definitely need to run academy rectors...

may as well run tutors - enlightened, demonic, etc...

Also - you could throw in something like yawgmoth's bargain and really go to town... They couldn't possibly pay enough life to make you put all the cards you draw in the gy...

you could even "Bargain-worship"... I'll pay 1 life to gain 5, then pay 4 life to draw 4, then pay 1 to gain 5...

T

Tabasco

you could throw in test of endurance and watch the confusion on you opponents face when they think they have this unstoppable deck and you don't "beat them", but still "win"

so if you had some artifact mana and stopped all your draws, you could get quick life gain for the win.

plus you wouldn't have to go full third color, you could splash some U. Rivers or tainted isle for blue mana unless you were adding more blue than zur's weirding.

IDK it's always an option.

E

EricBess

But the main combo is Weirding/Words, not Arena/Words.

Why are you putting in Arena again? If you want more card drawing, use Treasure Trove. It's already one of your two colors. Granted, it is mana intensive, but once you get Weirding into play, that hardly matters.

And drawing during your upkeep doesn't make any difference. You still have the replacement ability of Weirding to deal with (and can still activate Words of Worship).

And who could possibly pass up the amazing interaction between Weirding and Future Sight?