Wizard Sign Ups

M

mythosx

what is wizard? ill sign up if i know what im getting into. No handcuffs needed right?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wizard is a non-Magic card game, basically every-player-for-himself Spades.

Brief synopsis of the rules (I'll post clarifications/answers when I actually get my hands on the rules tonight): You get X cards based on the round number (like I explained above). I tell you the trump (IRL, it's the next card turned over after the deal). You tell me how many "tricks" you expect to take in the round (hopefully everyone is familiar with that term). Play is like Spades or Hearts: someone leads a suit, you must follow if possible or play anything, high card or high trump takes the trick. In addition, there are 4(?) Wizards cards which supercede the trump and 4(?) Jester cards which are lower than a 2. You can play these special cards at any time. First one played wins. If the first card played is a Wizard, it wins the trick (being the first) and the remaining players can play any card (including another Wizard). If the first card played is a Jester, the next player's card determines the suit. If the whole hand played consists of Jesters, the first one played wins.

Scoring: Kind of like spades, you get 20 + 10 * your bid if you make it. If you miss your bid, either by going over or under, you get -10 * the difference of your bid.

T

train

I'm in.... and will be around - until the last week of June...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you know it's going to last beyond that. The last Wizard game lasted for about 4 months...

mythosx, are you in after reading the rules? Any questions?

T

train

I'll only be gone a week - and may have a laptop by then to do what is needed while away from the normal computers...
;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, you guys up to playing with 4 people? mythosx hasn't replied in the affirmative, so it's just rkoelsch, TomB, EricBess, and train...

T

train

doesn't bother me one bit...;)

25% chance of winning - nice...:D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So do you guys want hidden bids like the first couple time we played where you PM me your bid, or public bids and post them out in the open?

We'll try to start Monday.