train
rkoelsch
TomB

The scores are:

rkoelsch: 50
TomB: 60
EricBess: 40
train: 40

The trump is diamonds again, the 2 was burned.

B

BigBlue

What are his cards, I'll bid for him.... :D

I'm sure he won't mind... :cool:

E

EricBess

Sorry about the delay. Yes, I've been in 8 countries over the last 3 weeks, so I've been a bit busy...Hard to keep up on the flight, too.

Let me go check my card really quick and I'll be right back.

Bid 1

E

EricBess

3 tricks with a total bid of 4....Guess that's an overbid situation....

I hope that I can take my 1 bid with the Wizard that I will lead right now...

E

EricBess

Umm...Spidey - If a player leads a Wizard, there is not considered to be a suit, right? So the fact that train played a diamond doesn't mean that everyone else must play a diamond, right? But with a Jester, the next non-Jester played does determine suit...

I'm I remembering this correctly?

It just seems odd to me that with the overbid situation, everyone is ditching trump....

Anyway, assuming the plays are all correct, I'm leading 10 of Diamonds

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Oops...:eek:

I thought it was the same for when a Wizard is played as when a Jester is played, and that the next suit led determines the suit for the hand...:eek:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EricBess, that is correct. Unlike when a Jester is played and you have to follow the next card suit, when a Wizard is played, everyone may play any card.

So does rkoelsch and TomB need to take back their cards? It's okay if you want to :)

And train still appears to be AWOL... :)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
That would extremely cool if you guys allowed it, even though it is my own fault for not knowing that...:eek:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I would allow it, but I'm not playing... speaking for train though, he probably wouldn't care. I'm thinking EricBess wouldn't care either since he got his trick, but only he can say for sure... and rkoelsch.

R

rkoelsch

I don't care if Tomb takes it back. I don't need to change my play.

E

EricBess

I think if it were a fault in strategy that you just realized, then I wouldn't want you to take it back, regardless of my trick. However, being a misunderstanding of the rules, I would rather preserve the integrity of the game by allowing the card to be taken back.

Besides, as you can see, for purely selfish reasons, it is better for me that the Q of D hasn't been played yet :eek:

I suspect that with train having a 2 bid, my bid isn't in jeopardy anyway, but I still think that being a simple misunderstanding, it would be more appropriate to allow the card to be taken back.