Administrator
Staff member
Okay, the order of turns is:

EricBess
Jigglypuff
Chaos Turtle
rkoelsch
BigBlue

PM me the number of tricks you think you can take this round (since you only have one card, it's going to be 0 or 1). The trump is DIAMONDS.

E

EricBess

Spidey, Could I get a bit of clarification. We are playing with a normal deck of playing cards that has 4 Wizards and 4 Jesters, right? Any other cards?

The Wizard takes anything and the first Wizard played on a trick takes that trick, correct?

The Jester is lower than a 2. Does that mean that a Jester can never take a trick unless everyone plays a Jester, or is the Jester considered a trump, but just a low trump?

If someone leads a Wizard, I'm assuming that counts as a trump lead and everyone must play trump. What if someone leads a Jester?

Finally, my understanding is that you must follow trump if able. However, if you have a Jester or a Wizard, you may play those even if you have the suit led, which is an exception to having to follow suit.

Thanks.

R

rkoelsch

the only one I can answer is what happens when you lead a wizard. according to the rules Spidey posted, you are allowed to play any card after a wizard, it is not a trump lead.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
(or my clarifications)... :D

I'm just joshing ya...

Spidey, Could I get a bit of clarification. We are playing with a normal deck of playing cards that has 4 Wizards and 4 Jesters, right? Any other cards?
We're playing with a normal deck of 52 cards with the addition of 4 Wizards and 4 Jesters, bringing it to 60 cards total.

The Wizard takes anything and the first Wizard played on a trick takes that trick, correct?
Correct.

The Jester is lower than a 2. Does that mean that a Jester can never take a trick unless everyone plays a Jester, or is the Jester considered a trump, but just a low trump?
The former. The Jester will never take a trick unless all four players play a Jester in the same hand, which then the first Jester will take the trick. The Jester is not a trump card in any way. It's more like a "dummy" card.

If someone leads a Wizard, I'm assuming that counts as a trump lead and everyone must play trump. What if someone leads a Jester?
No, if the first person plays a Wizard, it's going to take the trick and anything goes. The following players may play any card they wish.

If someone leads a Jester, the next person who plays a suit card is considered to have played "the starting suit".

Finally, my understanding is that you must follow trump if able. However, if you have a Jester or a Wizard, you may play those even if you have the suit led, which is an exception to having to follow suit.
Correct. You must follow suit when possible, except you may play a Wizard or Jester at any time, even if you have the starting suit.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No, it's not too late. You'll just be the last to play for this round. I'll PM you your card and you PM me your bid.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Bids:

EricBess: 1
Jigglypuff: 0
Chaos Turtle: 0
rkoelsch: 1
BigBlue: 0

Cards played for the hand (diamonds is trump):

EricBess: Ace of Diamonds
Jigglypuff: Jester
Chaos Turtle: Jester
rkoelsch: Wizard
BigBlue: 2 of Diamonds

rkoelsch takes the trick.

Tricks taken in the round:

EricBess: 0
Jigglypuff: 0
Chaos Turtle: 0
rkoelsch: 1
BigBlue: 0

This round was actually pretty interesting, seeing how the Ace of trump, two Jesters, and a Wizard was dealt (and the 2 of trump isn't too shabby either). EricBess took the chance that none of you would have one of the 4 cards that could beat him and unfortunately, one of you did.

Scores:

EricBess: -10
Jigglypuff: 20
Chaos Turtle: 20
rkoelsch: 30
BigBlue: 20

E

EricBess

Okay, I demand a recount. I was seriously robbed here....

R

rkoelsch

I can't say I blame you. Oh spidey the card you wanted is on the way. ;)