wizard control.

G

Gaea'sSaproling

hey unlike usual i have no clue where to start out on this d00d, someone give me some help. so far ive got

4 voidmage prodigy
and 2 future sight for the deck
oh yea 4 brainstorm to cuz they work good with fs

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, since it's going to be based around a creature type, might as well go with plenty of cards from Onslaught block... :rolleyes:

I have seen it before though. I don't think it is all that great of a deck, but some solid choices for heavy hitters include...

Arcanis whatchamacallit. Seriously, when these stupid "pit fighting somethings" or whatever they were called came out, all sorts of people I talked to thought that the red one was the best, and others thought the black one was pretty good. How is there any question that the one that draws three cards and wins the game is the best? Only three power not omnipotent enough for you? This thing is ridiculous, if you can ever cast it...

Ertai, Wizard Adept. He has an ability that counters stuff. Works best with Arcane Laboratory, but decent on his own...

Supreme Inquisitor. I've seen a deck based around it. It doesn't really count as solid, but I'm sure that it's annoying to lose this way (if you somehow manage to get out enough wizards to use this thing, it's easy to thin your opponents deck in the wrong direction) I've never been enough of a scrub to do so myself though... ;)

Rayne, Academy Chancellor. I don't remember what the best cards to use here are, but it sure could be fun...

G

Gaea'sSaproling

i play for fun, like building fun decks now a days, not something thats gonna piss someone off while there getting there ass kicked but make them smile and think "WTF SAPROLINGS" or dragons etc... my next theme deck i had my heart set on wizards

ok
lemme make an attempt at it

Mana - 23
22 Islands
1 sol ring

Counter - 16

Creatures - 21
2 Ertai, Wizard Adept
4 Temporal Adept
4 Voidmage Prodigy
2 Uyo, Silent Prophet (reusable mis d)

OMFG IM READING KAMIGAWA SPOILER AND ITS WIZ CENTRAL LOL... to bad there was nothing really useful and i think ill end up cutting uyo...

shadowmage infiltrator is very powerful... something is brewing in my dome piece... here we go again :D

scratch the top list!

B/U Wizard Control w00t!

Land - 26
4 Polluted Delta
4 Underground River
4 Underground Sea (ill get proxies :D)
1 Sol Ring
4 Island
3 Swamps
4 Cloud of Fairys

Control/Disruption - 24
4 Duress
4 Recoil
4 Mana Leak
4 Counterspell
4 Spite/Malice
4 Undermine

Creatures - 8
4 Shadowmage Infiltator
4 Marshcrocodile (only 8 creatures so it can be early beats/distraction and it survives bolt but i have a question does it count as black to? cause then it survives terror :D)

Draw - 4
4 Standstill
4 Brainstorm/AK (which one guys?)

i did a little bit of research on b/u cards and after i thought about duress and counter its gotta be crippling considering type 1 decks run duress with force of wills in the same deck, to bad i cant afford a play set of wills, but alot of the u/b seems pretty strong i think the weakest one in my line up is recoil, and thats a neato cantrip ;)

this deck has awesome potential as far as control goes, now i just need to refine the **** out of it with ure guy's help and ill be on the path to victory ;)

i was thinking about rayne and she seems kind of pointless cuz ure gonna be controlling the game ,but she does cost 2U

i dont know wut u guys tihnk about the marshcrocodile but i think he kicks ass, better then a juggy

this deck seems to be part control discard and aggro, i think itll do good because it can switch role from aggro to control quite ezily when need i just need another cheap beatstick thatll fit it

lemme just end it by saying im more excited about building this than any other deck its up there with saproling beats, accelerated dragon, academy, suicde black, and enchantress, this is gonna be one of "the" decks in my arsenal that are gonna blow mofos out the water, i can already feel it.

C

Captain Caveman

My casual/tribal Wizard deck is mono-blue.

Kai.deq
4 Patron Wizard
4 Voidmage Prodigy
4 Information Dealer(usually looks 3 or 4 deep)
4 Hapless Researcher
3 Imagecrafter(makes dragon a wizard to use lab, incase of WoG)
2 Quicksilver Dragon
2 Temperal Adept

4 Counterspell
4 Echoing Truth
3 Memory Lapse
3 Unsummon

21 Island
2 Riptide Laboratory(bounce a wizard to avoid mass removal)

Turn 3 Patron can usually slow the opponent down. Doesn't really help vs Affinity, though. I've been lucky enough to win a few games with this deck and I was very happy. :)

G

Gaea'sSaproling

what im trying to make with the U/B version is completly refine it and win more then just a couple of games ;) like 90% of games is what im shooting for

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I doubt that's going to happen if you face good decks though...

I knew this guy whose wizard deck was only 59 cards, so he had to fill a slot, and threw a Psychatog in there (it was U/B like yours). It ended up being great, since he'd draw tons of cards and the thing could become huge after he gained control...

G

Gaea'sSaproling

i know its not gonna be a killer vs good decks but it looks good so far so it should be able to hold its own

ahhh **** TOG!
omfg why didnt i tihnk of that?!

G

Gaea'sSaproling

So far this is the exo skeleton of the deck

4 Faerie Conclave
4 Polluted Delta
4 Underground River
4 Underground Sea
4 Duress
4 Mana Leak
4 Standstill
4 Shadowmage Infiltrator
2 Psychatog
4 Brainstorm
ill develop the mana base after all the rest of the cardsa rew chosen

Here i'll post the cards that seem not so hot or useful and a reason why, with your guy's help I hope to find a better version or alternate replacement for the card/s.

Shaky cards -
Cloud of Faeries - free creature... comes into play tapped makes me thinkig about it, and it costs mana to activate

Recoil - this is more of a win more counter because the control player should be free to attack every turn so the -3 life shouldnt matter much

Spite/Malice - a counter of a creature killer depending on the situation, i think running a plain but cheaper counter would be better

Undermine - i like this card alot for some reason... dunno why, but it bounces a peramant to hand and then forces a discard which isnt 100% sure fire removal of the card but it gives it a chance and also trades the oppenents card 1 for 1 in terms of card advantage.. plus if they spent more mana on there permanent then ure gaining a really good advantage

Counterspell - the UU cost makes it kinda of a shaky choice, and if i was gonna run any double CC card itd be Hymn to Tourach of a counterspell because its inherently getting rid of 2 cards instead of 1 and its more of a proactive card then reactive

Marshcrocodile - is a beat stick that survives lightning bolts and im not sure of it or not, but he cant be terrored, who cares thp when people who know wut there doing pack stp and diabolic edict

quite possible add ins -
Hymn to Tourach/Countspell or Both!

Miscalculation is a subpar counter compared to mana leak but with cycling ability

Counterspell or Hymn to Tourach? I like tourach better it gives u card advantage while at the same time neutering the oppenet

If u guys have any cards that should be added in go ahead and let me know, i need ure guy's help to make this deck truly awesome but im half way there!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So now this has become more U/B control rather than a wizard deck? I like that idea better, truth be told...

Brainstorm's nice with fetchlands...

AK isn't so amazing without Intuition...