Wishes Come True

I

Istanbul

I just thought I'd share a little weirdness I cooked up...

I made this deck with the idea of being able to use Death Wish to pull my entire collection in Magic Online into my hand. I could theoretically do it if I had the patience, but I stopped at several dozen Dirty Wererats (I collect them on MTGO).

GREEN:
4x Fertile Ground (combo piece #1)
4x Harrow
4x Krosan Restorer (combo piece #2)

BLUE:
4x Concentrate
4x Compulsion
4x Pemmin's Aura (combo piece #3)

BLACK:
4x Diabolic Tutor
4x Ambition's Cost
4x Wall of Blood (combo piece #4)
2x Death Wish (combo piece #5)

ARTIFACT:
3x Mirari (combo piece #6)
1x Lich's Tomb (combo piece #7)

LAND:
Buncha Forests, Islands, and Swamps

The idea is to get a Krosan Restorer with Pemmin's Aura into play, and Fertile Ground on a land. That's infinite mana right there. (Ideally, you want Fertile Ground on a Swamp to get infinite black mana, but any color works.) Feed all but 1 of your life to Wall of Blood, then play Lich's Tomb.

With Mirari in play, Death Wish for two cards. You'll lose a sum total of 1 life...big whoop, sac one land. Now you're at 0, and half of 0...is 0! So as long as you always copy Death Wish and get the other Death Wish plus another card, you can put your entire collection into your deck. :D

Woot!

Killer Joe

with the state-base effect of when you're at 0 life, you lose, do not pass 'GO', zilch, el Dead-o,.....

D

Doombringer

killer, lich's tombs effects are

"you dont lose the game for having 0 or less life. Whenever you lose life, sacrifice a permenant for each 1 life you lost(damage causes loss of life)"

when he goes to 0 life he keeps playing on.
Come to think of it, I dont think you can go into negative life digits, so possibly after hitting the magic 0 you dont sacrifice more permanents(its a long shot but still a shot).

Also, joe, i remember reading somewhere on magic's website that when the games rules and a cards text cross paths, the card overides the game rules. that means he still doesn't lose at 0 life.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Lich's Tomb is pretty close to the original Lich, so using the Lich's rulings from Crystalkeep, you CAN go to negative digits.

I think KJ just missed the Lich's TomB part of the combo - he's been playing a while so I'm pretty sure he knows about the Golden Rule :)

Killer Joe

I did miss the combo. Ah, the "Golden Rule": Treat others as you would have them treat you.......OH, you mean the Magic GR. Ooops! :rolleyes: