Wish me luck

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Modus Pwnens, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

Tomorrow I'm going up for my judge exam, hopefully getting my level 1 certificate :)
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Good luck!
  3. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

GL. Be confidant and don't over think the questions......
    Cards don't do what they don't say.....
    Read the %&@$'ng card......
  4. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

I already passed the oral exam, and my rules knowledge is pretty good (Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Magus of the Moon and Humility, piece of cake ;))
  5. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

There's an oral exam for level 1?????
    Let's see, I took the test when Unglued came out........
  6. BigBlue Magic Jones

Good Luck Modus!

(Not that you need it)

Ages and Ages ago I was a judge... but, I made it in the easy way, I was a judge for Arena and they bumped us all up to Level 1... it was the only way I could have become a judge, there were no judges in MT and I wasn't going to go to Seattle to take any tests...

I judged several state championships and Junior Super Series events in addition to a few release tournaments... I always enjoyed it - only a few occaisions where I had to make any meaningful rulings... most was just answering simple questions and entering results into the Software + announcing pairings... I usually got about a half a box as compensation... and that was damn cool... since I'd stopped buying cards for the most part.

When FNM came out, the store I judged at changed hands and the new owner was also a converted arena judge - so I wasn't needed much anymore... and never bothered to keep up my certification... but I had fun when I was doing it.
  7. Rakarth New Member

Good luck :D
  8. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

Well, I made it, and am officially level 1 now :D
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Congrats! Are you gonna go for level 2 sometime?
  10. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

I'll see how this works out first, but I think it would be awesome to judge at Grand Prix' and Pro Tours. I'll have to be level 1 for about a year before I can give it a shot though :)
  11. Rakarth New Member

Well Done :D