Winter 2010-2011

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So we finally got some decent snow Wednesday night - I think at least a foot... caused work to be closed on Thursday. Until then, all we've had was some "dustings".

I live right next to the Baltimore Beltway so I saw everyone creeping along... and stuck in traffic as there were accidents....

D

DarthFerret

He he...no snow here, and don't think it is ever likely!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
More snow to come Tuesday night/Wednesday! Although I think the bulk is supposed to miss Maryland...

D

DarthFerret

Well...will keep you updated, but it is below freezing here now and we are slated for a "wintery mix" late tommorrow and Friday. Ugh....I moved here to be warmer....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Another storm last night... the last of winter? Got about 4-5 inches and delayed work for 4 hours...

D

DarthFerret

Notice how a big snow always delays people from getting to work, but does not delay them from leaving work?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's because you don't *want* to be at work when the snow falls and you get "trapped", either at work or on the roads. You want to be home before then (both you and the highway administration).

D

DarthFerret

So, should I mention that we grilled out this weekend? Or should I mention that the garden got tilled and leaves got raked and burned on Tuesday? I love living in Texas!

E

EricBess

They said we were going to get snow. The car windows were actually frosted over yesterday morning. Does that count?