wikipedia

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Anybody interested in writing an article on the CPA for Wikipedia.org? We're slightly mentioned in the Magic: The Gathering article under the un-official sites. I think it'd be cool for history's sake!

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
CPA - In the wastelands of MTG sites, there sits a quiet sactuary for those few who seek fun, fighting, flaming, playing and discussing everything Magic and a few other topics. Started at the dawn of creation, or sometime last century, players have been found at this site, actually having fun, for eons.

I know nothing about the history of this site, but I have no problem shoveling the s***....... hehe

O

orgg

We had an entry, but it was considered to be 'promotional material' and deleted. MiseTings only has an entry due to its 'lasting' impacts on slang and Magic vanacular.

E

evan d

what if we gave a description of teh varying audiences in each website

then it wouldnt be promo

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I think there's a fair chance that it was tagged unreasonably. Wikipedia has its malcontents that will flip out over an article and be all "This does not belong on an encyclopedia" when other articles that have largely the same features get to stay. On the discussion pages, I've seen that some good articles were tagged for something and eventually the tag was removed. And yeah, sometimes decent content gets deleted. That's politics for you. But I never saw the article and so I can really only guess.

O

orgg

This was about five years ago or more. It was a fairly brief article that described how Wizards of the Coast's attitude about casual players was, Baron Sengir and The Dojo forums, Waylay and the 6e-ratta'ing of cards that changed their function drastically, and linked to relevant forum threads on The Dojo and (old) CPA and articles(announcements?) on The Dojo, Brainburst, Mindripper, Slippery Karst, and Meridianmagic. All of the links were probably dead by the time it was marked and thus the article lost a lot of its content without a word changing. I wonder if the old Hypermart CPA site is still around at all? I know the threads were lost several years ago.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well, I think the site has garnered enough history in the past five years to warrant a decent article for Wikipedia.org's standards.

Additionally, if this can keep an article alive, WE certainly can (I hate this site).

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Nightstalkers

Quite frankly if 4Chan (I frequently translate on there) can get a post in the great Wikipedia... Then why can't the CPA?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Thank you for bringing this topic up again!

I'd really like to see someone spearhead this. I would, but my writing skills are sub-par are best (I can B.S. papers, but that's it).

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Notepad

For all its worth I'll contribute via editing and second-hand writing. But personally I don't have first-hand experience in the CPA's long history, so I don't feel comfortable writing the primary draft.

Orgg, you wrote the first one. Feel like retracing your steps? :D

O

orgg

No, I unfortunatly do not, and the links I used to make it have long gone away. Archive.org does not store forums, sadly.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
.....those bastards.......

Well, I think this calls for a good old-fashioned tar-and-feathering. Anyone with me?

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

mythosx

I was poking on wikipedia and I decided to type in casual players alliance. The entry doesn't exist!!!! I was very disturbed with this turn of events since CPA is he premier casual players website in the world. Can some one rectify this?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Yeah. We've had this discussion before. Orgg did an article a while back and it got deleted. If anyone wants to do another one, that would be great.

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

train

I started when I first saw Orgg's article - but am trying to include CPA in an update to the info in Wikipedia...

Someday... someday...