Why not play this way???

N

Nightstalkers

Why doesn't anyone post a decent looking mtg deck anymore?

This deck uses the artifacts as creatures. Since you always get screwed by swords, wrath, and animate dead with your creatures, why not use that against your opponent! The key is getting out the xenic and keepin him alive. Heck, Aladdins lamp and a xenic would become a 10/10 creature!!!!!!

}3 Poltergeist
;
;Nightstalkers
;goosebumps9@juno.com
;April 4, 2003
;1
;4th Edition
;

.495 1 Feldon's Cane
.2 3 Animate Artifact
.547 4 Xenic Poltergeist
.510 4 Mishra's Workshop
.254 4 Tundra
.216 4 Scrubland
.258 4 Underground Sea
.188 3 Plains
.240 4 Swords to Plowshares
.290 4 Wrath of God
.239 2 Swamp
.126 2 Island
.393 1 Aladdin's Lamp
.410 2 Diamond Valley
.119 2 Icy Manipulator
.467 1 Argivian Archaeologist
.131 2 Jayemdae Tome
.852 2 White Mana Battery
.584 1 Blue Mana Battery
.580 1 Black Mana Battery
.531 2 Tawnos's Coffin
.794 4 Spirit Link
.403 1 City of Brass
.64 2 Disenchant

T

train

I don't think many of us on here - from what's been talked about, have some of the cards necessary for that deck...

N

Nightstalkers

MTG for the PC has all of them and more! Just get the add-ons

N

Nightstalkers

How many people have Apprentice? you can use this deck on apprentice as well...

But I just like to build'em then post em in the same format as the game sometimes. Helps people who have the game.

T

train

If I could built any deck - I would, but it would be freaking mean... I like the limitations set by the rules for those purposes only...;)

N

Nightstalkers

How about a tournament where you take bags of older cards and build decks from them?

Now there is a neat thing to try... And I got a friend with the garbage bags full of cards!

T

train

How about a tournament where you take bags of older cards and build decks from them?
Anything is feasible... but it would have to be a play group or casual tourney... That just doesn't fit it with WOTC/DCI's formats... no matter which one I can think of...

"Though they did have that Beta Draft last year at Worlds?!!!....":cool:

N

Nightstalkers

another great format to try is )—*ironman*—(

?:confused:?

ironman is great! especially when somebody uses a mox or even a lotus!

"Ok, I'll disenchant that there beta lotus of yours... now don't fret, just rip it up real quick to get it over with" :D

N

Nightstalkers

In Ironman you literally destroy any destroyed card.

If you have to sacrifice a creature, you rip it to pieces. Have to destroy a land, tear it to shreads!

I love disenchanting peoples moxs when they think they will win the tourney with those cards :D

I

Ferret

Staff member
...yet another reason to use token creatures :)

-Ferret

"If you lose a token, do I have to crush my little beads?"

N

Nightstalkers

I wouldn't think that they would go that far... But if they do just borrow other peoples cards for the tokens :D

Killer Joe

I want to be, a Macho-Man!

Ironman!? I actually witnessed an Ironman Draft and saw a couple of nice rares go to shreads. I thought it was a kind of event I would never participate in. Not even with "All-Common" decks.

N

Nightstalkers

its the wierd and crazy variants that really take magic by surprise.

like making a house of cards outta your old collection.