Why hasn't this deck been made?

L

Landkiller

To me, it seems only too obvious of a build. I mean, the natural extension of Warped Devotion decks. Do these kinds of decks totally suck or something?

U/B Discard (type II)

4 Probe
4 Urza's Guilt

3 Evacuation
4 Wash Out
4 Recoil
4 Repulse
2 Undermine

3 Waterspout Elemental

4 Megrim
4 Warped Devotion

4 Underground River
4 Salt Marsh
8 Island
8 Swamp

SB :
4 Chimeric Idol
3 Tsabo's Decree
1 Evacuation
4 Addle
2 Duress
1 Undermine

Now, there are a few ways to go with this deck, but I opted for a near creatureless version. Full creatureless and semi-swarm versions are possible too.

F

FoundationOfRancor

I would cut down on either Wash Out's or Evacuations in favor of boomerangs.

Ransac, have you ever read The Stand?

L

Landkiller

The Stand is a Stephen King book. I saw the TV movie, of which the first two shows were promising, but the ending sucked more than you will ever know.

L

Landkiller

Wow. I heard a bit of talk about it on the Net waaaay back, but there seemed to be like zero interest in it, and it was shut away. So I thought it was extinct.
The deck just needs a way to own Dodecapod, and then I'd consider it for a tournament.

Oh, I forgot one card in my listing, actually it's key in some matchups.

4 Overburden
Fact or Fiction could go in, as could Yawgmoth's Agenda. But is the deck promising? And it still can't deal with the Dodecapod!

M

Mikeymike

How often do you see Dodecapod? It seems to me that everyone is so scared of it that no one is playing discard: which in turn means no one is putting the Dodecapod into the sideboard. If its a problem, consider Ensnaring Bridge (shouldn't be hard to stay around 4 cards), Phyrexian Infiltrator (you'd be surprised) or Seal of Doom.

I've got a Casual version of this deck which is very similar. I was running 4 Boomerang's for awhile and discovered that they are no good until you get 1+ Devotion. Look to Rushing River instead if you're looking for good targeted removal, they are devasting in the late game. At least include something to bounce lands to prevent an Obliterate playing from top-decking a victory.

I would cut 1 Evacuation (another life saver but bad in the early game) and 1 Waterspout Elemental (that card is strong but giving your opponent and extra turn mid-late game has killed me more than once) as your targeted removal/hand destruction should keep the board clean until you get your big stuff.

How is Chimeric Idol treating you in the sideboard? I almost feel he might be better off as plain-jane counters (to stop enchantment destruction) but I'm probably wrong there. Enjoy.

T

Turtlewax Joe

This deck was in Scrye 8.5

Turtlewax Joe, CPA reject