Why always Batman beats Superman?

S

Spuky

well, i could not resist to post this, so everyone, come and bring some theories with you. i ask this because every time(and i mean it) that Superman and Batman apear together, they end up mad at each other and Batman moop the floor with Superman ´s oink, why do you think is that?(its not like i try to defend a grown up man who wears red underwear over its pants, but comeon, whit super powers and you cant beat a mere human, you got to be kidding)

N

Nightstalkers

(its not like i try to defend a grown up man who wears red underwear over its pants, but comeon, whit super powers and you cant beat a mere human, you got to be kidding)
(I'll ammend to his statement)

Batman may be a mere human... but he's supersmart, has a LOT of money to buy his stuff, and he can out spoof Stupidman...

I mean Superman....

Nightstalker Habuki

A

Almindhra

Batman is easily sexier than Superman...

Plus, haven't you learned, money can get you anything?...Good looks, nifty car, a nicer spandexed uniform, gadgets galore and a butler to wipe your own oink for you...

R

Rooser

I think they have Batman beat Superman because narratively it's more interesting. Superman is pretty much indestructible, but then to think that Batman can beat him makes one wonder - what if Batman was a villain?

G

Gizmo

Exactly. Where's the point in Batman NOT beating up Superman. Batman throws a punch, Superman takes it, rips Batman's head off and shoves it up his oink, then takes the oink, now holding the head, still alive, and flies it into the sun.

That's what would REALLY happen.

I mean Batman's like the world's toughest man - he's beaten Superman, Predator (like 5 times), Aliens, Terminators, Judge Dredd... which makes you wonder why he still struggles to handle The Penguin.

It all comes down to who is coolest, and whilst I'm a Marvel guy not a DC guy I'd almost certainly concede that Batman is the coolest superhero of them all. I mean, if Wolvie had a decent costume he might come close... but that's all you're getting.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Huh. Don't read DC so never noticed that Batman defeats Superman when they decide to clash. And every time? Huh.

M

Mikeymike

Batman is a breath of fresh air in the comic book world b/c he shows that you don't have to possess super-human powers to be a hero. He also shows how effective intellect, cunning, and just downright toughness can be.

Regarding his struggles with the Penguin, it really doesn't seem to make much sense, but I suppose when you look at it as a battle between two guys with similar traits being used for different purposes (ie superior intellect being used for good/defensive vs. superior intellect being used for evil/aggression) it makes the battle close. Ah, who knows. It's probably b/c it sells the most comic books.

T

train

Batman is a breath of fresh air in the comic book world b/c he shows that you don't have to possess super-human powers to be a hero. He also shows how effective intellect, cunning, and just downright toughness can be.
*enter Bill Gates...*

C

chunkymonky1053

The only time I really cared about DC was when they fought marvel.
Quick Silver vs. Flash
Mr. Fantastic Vs. Plastic Man
Spider Man (FYI, Spiderman won) Vs. Super Boy
Hulk Vs. Super Man
Namor vs. AquaMan
Wolverine vs. Lobo
Cap America Vs. Batman
Storm vs. Wonder Woman
Thor Vs. Shazam!
Silver Surfer Vs. Martian ManHunter

Those were awesome because they would continue to dislike each other even though they are all heroes.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I occasionally see the graphic novel in bookstores. Who won each matchup?

I remember one novel had them "combined" or fused together after their fights, why was that?

Ferret

Staff member
The only time I saw the Big Blue Boyscout take on the Caped Crusader was in "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns." In it, Bats not only defeated Superman, but he practically humiliated him. It was sweet.

-Ferret

"...it took years and a fortune to produce - fortunately, I had both..."