Whose playing What @ Regionals

T

TeamRegime.com

Although this IS a casual site..Im sure alot of you are going to Regionals..and most are keeping a secret as to what they'll be playing. Just curios.

Myself-- G/W - PT Junk

So far the stats-
versus CounterRebel 7-0
Fires-standard- 3-0
Nether Go 2-1
machine head 6-0
Fires Zone 5-2
Rogue- 10-3

R

RabidKimba

I'm playing U/W Nether-Go, and it's undefeated Vs. Fish!!! Too bad thats the only deck I've gotten to playtest vs so far... :-( At least I don't have to worry about those wacky merfolk. Anyone else going to the South East regionals at the War Room?

S

Sammy Dead-O

There's a good chance I'll be at the War Room. I dunno if I'm gonna play in the main event though; I'm not sure if it'll be worth the money for me to play a relatively untested deck in a tourney of that caliber.

If I do play, my deck should be...fun. I've bounced around a ton of ideas in my mind, just trying to figure out something that, if I lose badly, will at least be enjoyable to lose with. I've been tinkering with a deck I call Shady Milkcow...basically mana acceration, utility spells, burn, and minotaurs:). It'll be one of my last chances to play Anaba Shaman and Talruum Minotaur in Type 2; I should seize it. Other than that, I'm looking at a domain/Draco/Natural Emergence deck, Goblin Burn (probably w/Goblin Kings), Zombies, a Minion-themed deck (can you tell I like to play around with creature types?), and bear-based beatdown in pretty much every color combination possible (G/R/U is fun right now).

I hardly have the patience to focus on one Magic deck for very long. Maybe that's why Limited has appealed to me so much lately.

B

Baskil

I was going to play something called Dark God (which is a B/W deck based around the synergy between Glittering Lynx/Lion and Cursed Totem). Early on, it tested very well, until Planeshift because legal :(. Let's just say that 7/7 trampling and G/R Enchantment destruction have put the deck to bed.

So I decided to drop the B/W deck and go with something more my play style. I'm playing NetherHaups. I'm about 14-3 in testing so far, and other people are having good success with it also.

M

Mr_Pestilence

I'm playing B/R land destruction w/ Void, and one Razing Snidd! It almost never loses to Fires, but almost never wins against anything w/ Islands. Oh well, what else is new?

S

Salacious Crumb

*shudder* i've never been to a magic tournament of any kind, and i don't plan on going to one. I don't know, it doesn't seem very.... casual.

Hoipa

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Regionals is probably NOT the place for the typical "casual" player. However, local tourneys, depending on their atmosphere and format, are probably fine for a "fun" night.

Z

Zadok001

_IF_ I were going to Regionals, I would be playing either a Headless Machine varient or Pirates/Cowardice. Headless Machine and Machine Head have been my decks of choice since the release of Invasion and my acquisition of a foily Pyre Zombie. The current version hands Fires its head, and collapses in a heap to anything else. :) It's amusing. Although it does have the potential to smack control around every now and then, it's too slow to win regularly.

Pirates are insane. Once they start, you simply DO NOT LOSE. Getting them started is challenging, but between Ports, Rhystics, and several other toys, it's pretty easy to keep my opponent down enough mana for my Pirates to start taking out land. Cowardice is in there on a whim, it makes for a soft lock, helps against Blasty by bouncing my blockers, and is used is combination with Rhystic Deluge to keep with the mana denial theme. Sideboard, of course, can swap me out to Crumbling Santuary/Rishadan Pawnshop.

T

TeamRegime.com

I HATE playing against Pirate decks that are tuned to perfection..I hate them soo much I refuse to play that deck myself...and YES once they get the engine going there litterally nothing you can do except watch all your cards go to the graveyard and watch your hand build up with all your now useless card.

Im semi glad your not going to Regionals..because IF and I say IF..you got the engine going..my little G/W deck wouldnt stand a chance..although a nether Go variant could be alright..or an Obliterate deck....

All I KNOW is I need all my mana resources and ..those things called CREATURES in order for me to win....

There is ONE guy in town (KC) who has the PERFECT type 2 Pirates deck..of which I just wince thinking about...but I will trust my faith in the Magic Gods and go with my PT Junk (Ziegler) deck to Regionals...

Cya...

Nicholas Knight
www.teamregime.com

S

Salacious Crumb

PIRATES? I've never even seen a pirate deck! I didn't know they existed!

Hoipa

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I have finally done it. I have built a perfect skies deck. I was searching through my boxes and boxes of cards and yesterday I found the final card I was looking for. Watch out Regionals, I'm gonna RULE!!!!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man