Who wants a chance to kill Morphling?

D

Duel

okay, it's his turn, he attacks and taps out to make morphling a 5/1. He has no cards in hand and only morphling and islands on the table. How will you kill this card?

K

K9Archmage

Tim it to death! burn it! Vicious hunger! Drain life! Attack with an elf that has lure on it! Piss on it!

Hoipa

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I terrored it a turn ago. Remember? Remember?

Well, maybe not, but you can't assume we have done nothing the entire game while the opponent ammassed a morphling and an infinite number of islands...

If possible, I'd cast Pyroclasm with Death Pits of Rath in play.

N

nodnarb24

I bolt it, incinerate it, shock it, kindle it, chain lighting it, lightning blast it, block it with a mons goblin raiders, and for good measure, swords to plowshares it.

H

Hawaiian mage

Boomerang...

And the luaghed when I put this card in my mono-black deck! Hwaa ha ha!

D

Duel

My personal choice?

Flare
2R
Instant
Deal 1 damage to target creature or player.
Draw a card at the beginning of next turn's upkeep.

D

Darsh

Battery acid...or eat it...oh, you mean with a magic card right? Diabolic Edict, THE Morphling killer.

D

Duel

Come on, it's tapped out! Any method! Tim your own Mogg Maniac! Come on!

A

Apollo

I take a razor blade and slice the thing to pieces, then throw it in a lighter which will then be buried.

Oh, you mean with a Magic card? Oooohhhh... I'll play Urza's Rage with kicker on it.

H

Hawaiian mage

well... I would sacerafice my Urza's Buable, just to annoy my opponent, then I would cast Visions, also to annoy my opponent, then I would tap my Soldier of Fortune and make my opponent shuffle their liberary, also to annoy them, then I would tap my OTHER Soldier of Fortune to annoy my opponent, then I would tap my remaining 14 mana, then I would cast a Reverse Damage on the Morphling, then I would cast a tremor to kill the morphling, then take 10 damage from aman burn dieing any way as though the morphling had goten through. THAT's the right way to do it.

NOTE: I actually have a deck very similar to this, any one who's ever tried (yes, tried IS the right word) to play me knows the harsh reality that is concedation.

[Edited by Hawaiian mage on 12-25-00 at 02:22 PM]

D

Duel

Sweet.
okay, my second choice way to kill superman when he's thin and tapped out?

Launch + Earthbind = "Wheeeee-SQUISH"

G

Gerode

Use Broken Creature #2 - Masticore!

Can I cast Control Magic on it instead?

Z

Zadok001

Rules Gurus, take your positions!!!

I sacrifice my Academy Rector to Goblin Bombardment, putting one damage to Morphling on the stack. I go fetch a Pattern of Rebirth, which I then place on my other Rector. Sacrificing the second Rector for a damage to my opponent, I fetch a Spidersilk Armor and Rector #3. I sack the last Rector for another damage to my opponent, and Trechery a 5/2 Morphling from my opponent!. All damage resolves, and I am left with the 'phling! Wheee!

Better yet...

I use Yawgmoth's Bargain to draw 19 cards, putting me at 1. I tap my City of Brass for a single Black mana, putting the City damage on the stack. Then I Dark Ritual four times, adding 8 mana to my mana pool, one of which is used to cast Culling the Weak, sacrificing my Rector and adding 3 more mana to my mana pool, putting me up to 11 black mana. I use six of that to activate my Planar Portal, searching out a Serra Avatar (1/1). I then use three more mana (leaving me with 2 Black mana floating) for my Belbe's Portal to put my Serra Avatar into play. It's a 1/1. Now my Rector sacrifice triggered effect resolves, I remove Rector from the game, and go get a Flight, which snaps onto my Avatar. The remaining two black mana allow for a second Culling on a random creature, leaving me with 5 mana. Four Ebony Charms later, Serra Avatar is a 5/5 flyer, and my opponent is at four less life. Finally, my one remaining Black mana is shunted through my Skyshroud Elf to White, and I play Ivory Charm, giving all creatures -2/-0.

I take the single damage from City at this point, and I declare my 2/4 flying Serra Avatar as a blocker for my opponent's 3/1 flying Morphling. Yay! Points for the guy with too many cards!

D

Duel

How about a more simplistic fashion:

Ray of command the morphling, tap city and two other lands to activate general's regalia, putting the damage from the city onto the morphling

D

Duel

OOh! Good one

How about
Flowstone strike
1R
Instant
Tagret creature gains haste and +1/-1 until end of turn.

D

Duel

Yep, I intend to derive satisfaction out of killing the bugger...

Anyone else feel a little like Lex Luthor?