Who play's U/G Tempo...

G

Griffith_se

Is this even close to being right?

Basicaly got the idea from Duels "Standstill for a second" thread.
More control-ish then aggro though.

4 Wild Mongrel
4 Nimble Mongoose
4 Mystic Snake

4 Fact or Fiction
4 Standstill

4 Temporal Spring
4 Repel (wish there was something better, can't think of anything. Maybe counters instead? Maybe a bouncer like Temporal Adept?)

4 Memory Lapse
4 Syncopate

13 Forest
7 Island
4 Yavimaya Coast

M

Mikeymike

My friend plays an IBC tempo deck all the time, and its a very solid deck. Here is his decklist

4 Blurred Mongoose
4 Gaea's Skyfolk
4 Mystic Snake
4 Kavu Titan

4 Fact or Fiction
4 Exclude

4 Temporal Spring
4 Rushing River (one of the best cards in here)
4 Repulse (the best card in here)

10 Forest
10 Island
4 Yavimaya Coast

Not complicated, but this thing is so reliable it comes with a 3 year warranty.
---------------
I like the idea you are trying out and I think the deck is near perfect. I would run Rushing River instead of Repel: its cheaper, it can get any non-land permanent (which is important as you can bounce back whatever they play to set off a Standstill), and the kicker is Nimble Mongoose friendly.

I'm wondering if the Gaea's Skyfolk is better than the Wild Mongrel in here. I'm not sure if the discard pump or flying is better, I would consider both probably.

Last thing, as much as I like Syncopate I don't know if its the right fit for this deck. This deck isn't blazing fast, so there is a very good chance your opponent will have a lot of mana available forcing you to over commit your Sync. But I also could be overthinking it and the ability to remove a spell from the game makes it more valuable than a regular counter.

Hope this helps

G

Griffith_se

Thanks,
Your always very helpful.

If I put in the Skyfolk then I would probably
ditch the Nimble Mongoose for Blured Mongoose.

I think I'll try the Nimble Mongoose, Wild Mongrel
first, I mean they're new right?
I'll give'em a whirl ;)

For sure I will replace the Repel with Rushing River. Repel is new but its not real good :(

I know the last two decks I posted are totally
uncreative :(

I'm trying to thing of a killer way to use...
Holistic Wisdom ,but someone will probably
beat me to it. Something like a chant deck maybe :)

4 Wild Mongrel
4 Nimble Mongoose
4 Mystic Snake

4 Fact or Fiction
4 Standstill

4 Temporal Spring
4 Rushing River
4 Memory Lapse
4 Syncopate

12 Forest
8 Island
4 Yavimaya Coast

M

Mikeymike

I agree, definitely play the Mongrel first, new cards are always more fun.

I agree with you about Repel. I like it in limited, but thats about it. In constructed it can't hold a candle to AEther Burst.

I just noticed a card in Odyssey which could work very well in your deck.

Predict (Unc.)
1U - Instant
Name a card, then put the top card of
target player's library into his or her graveyard.
If that card is the named card, you draw two cards.
Otherwise, you draw a card.

I'm not 100% sold on it, but this can abused with Temporal Spring and Memory Lapse. You put the target spell on top of their library, call it, send it to the graveyard, draw 2 cards.

I'm not sold on it if its better in here than FoF or Standstill, and I don't think it is, but it is kind of interesting. Another sneaky use of this card is that it neuters Sterling Grove and Reclaim rather harshly.

G

Gizmo

LOL

Predict was in like Mirage or something under a different name.
It sucked rocks.

M

Mikeymike

There have been a lot of cards that 'sucked rocks' until they found a home in the right deck, like Firestorm in Necro for example. Its a 'Don't knock it until you try it' type of deal.

Its a way for blue and green to deal with any permanent (or spell via Mem. Lapse) by bouncing on top of the library, sending it to the graveyard and drawing 2 cards from it. Its not the prettiest combo in the world, but it is instant card drawing that does something else besides draw cards. Interesting if nothing else.

No, I don't see many applications with this card to be competitive. But you don't need many, you just need 1, and this might be the 1. One deck's junk is another one's treasure.

D

Duel

yeah, I agree. Predict can be really damn good with temporal springs or repel or memory lapse. It's card advantage (count it, two for three), and it's decent removal. Problem is? Predict by itself is just bad.

D

Duel

Wait, what am I saying? At worst, it cycles!

Okay, you could use that in a deck.

Milly-vanilly
4 Millstone
4 Memory Lapse
4 Repel
4 Temporal Springs
4 Predict
4 Mystic snake
etc....

F

FoundationOfRancor

It's an instant cantrip reprint of Foreshadow from Visions (Visions had the better name, IMHO)

Its decent in a mill deck, but risky to play in any other way.