White rush/control

M

Mundungu

My current t2 deck

I didnt play it against a lot of decks yet but it is not faring too bad.
It surprises most opponents especially since the game is more geared toward playing fatties now.
a first turn meekstone almost always gets me nice reactions from my opponent.

The idea is to control the board with the best 2/2 creatures available while
controlling the board with meekstone.

Matchups would probably be tough after SB (anti rebel tech & blue control)

Artefacts
3 meekstone
3 power matrix
Total 6

Creatures
4 sergeants W
2 tundra wolves W
2 veteran soldiers W
4 steadfast guards WW
3 longbow archers WW
2 benalish trapper ? 1W (t, w : tap target creature)
2 defiant falcon
2 lieutenant 1W
2 Lin Sivvi 1WW
1 nightwind glider 2W
1 thermal glider 2W
Total 25

other
3 last breath
1 exile
2 enlightned tutor
2 seal of cleansing
1 disenchant

Land
18 plain
2 Kor Haven

No SB yet.

Any thoughts and comments welcome

P

Purple_jester

One thing's for sure, it would give U/B control an aneurism. Meekstone... Yowza.

You need more control, like Pacifism or more Exiles. A lot of black decks not only pack Massacre, but also use Abyssal Specter. Ditch those Falcons and add 1 each of Thermal and Nightwind.

R

rkoelsch

I would include crusades that is your most efficient answer to Massacre. Another idea is Kismet. another is armageddon. here is a possible sideboard

2- Enlightened Tutor
3- Crusade
2- Kismet
2- Sheltering Prayer
3- Armageddon
3- Disenchant

I can see why it does well it is a very offensive deck.

M

Mundungu

Crusade is a no-no because then I too suffer from the meekstone.

Against black after SB, the wise route is to keep a sergeant or other searcher off the board to recover.
one or two migth be saved from teh massacre thanks to power matrix.

his 2/2 would also die from the massacre, and his other creatures still suffer from the meekstone.

Actually a good SB against black would be light of day in replacement of the meekstone.

Other cards that came to my attention are blinding light, reverant mantra, shackles, liberate, castle, paralax wave, ramossian rally.
more disenchant/seal would come into the SB as well against water or ankh decks.

against blastogeddon, maybe simply pack some more land into the SB and hold them until arma hits the table. The deck runs fine on 3 lands, with 4 only necessary for the rebel search and power matrix.

potential SB :
2 seal
2 disenchant
2 light of day
2 warmth
2 story circle
5 I let you tell me ...

D

Duel

*Cough*Tsabo's Decree*cough*
*cough cough* Void *Cough*

now, I like the concept as much as the next guy (Hell, I played a similar deck for a while, only it was black and used ensnaring bridge)

What do you need? You need a way to stop the mass destruction spells of death. Massacre's easy. A ramosian rally or 4 will take card of that. (add those to the deck).

So, how do you stop these game-enders? Sivvi. I know, I'm sorry, but against the spells, you only chance is a topdecked sivvi and LOTS of mana. The other option, one not so pretty is a rebel informer. Yeah, the black rebel. Why? Beause it lets you save your stuff by putting it in your deck and it can be searched out. Then you hope and pray that you CAN topdeck a searcher after the spell. Good luck.

I wonder about splashing green for worldly tutor?

M

Mundungu

its true that tsabo's decree and Void both can hurt the deck very badly ... but hey no risk no fun.

Furthermore, red and black are the easiest colors to SB for. I guess the viability of the deck will depend on the local metagame.

BTW, I made a mistake in the decklist.
It is not Last breat but Afterlife that I am using in that deck.

In general I find Afterlife do be an awsome card. I dont know why nobody plays it.

FYI, I played 3 decks yesterday and won all matches.
The decks were Fire (exact copy of the netdeck), a rogue sisay based deck and a w/u control deck.

D

Duel

SB must include:
Light of day
Ivory Mask (At least 2, I'd run 3 or 4.)

the key is, Ivory Mask gets around Tsabo's Decree and the hand part of void. It may be your only hope against Machinehead

M

Mundungu

Ivory mask is a very good call. Thnks ...

It seems the SB is looking more and more like this :

1 story circle (maybe should put it main deck)
1 ivory mask
1 warmth
1 light of day
2 disenchant
1 seal of cleansing
2 enlightned tutor
2 Parallax wave
4 ramossian rally

[Edited by Mundungu on 11-29-00 at 11:07 AM]

D

Duel

Maindeck the rallies. There isn't a deck they aren;t good against.