White Fish

R

rkoelsch

Under the new type 2 I think this might be a viable deck.

3-Darting Merfolk
3-Rootwater Thief
4-Galina's Knight
4-Coral Merfolk
4-Lord of Atlantis

4-Counterspells
4-Foil
1-Absorb
1-Thwart

3-Dismantling Blow
3-Tsabo's Web
2-Fact or Fiction
2-Sleight of Hand

14-Islands
4-Adarkar Wastes
4-Coastal Towers

I would like to have 4 Absorb but can only get my hands on 1

4-Washout
4-Submerge
4-Force Spike
3-Alexi's Cloak

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
No Seahunters? I would play those over Coral Merfolk.

That's my only opinion on it. I would put in more Absorbs, but you said you were lacking.

Ransac, cpa trash man

P

Pokemorpher

I have an absorb.

Let me guess, you have a lot of friends with burn decks? Or is this just the one you felt like posting?

R

rkoelsch

I have an undermine or some older cards let me know what you would take for it.

And I like the blue white combo. it give blue the disenchant and destruction it needs.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Burn decks? I fail to see the message of that statement, but I was just giving an Honest opinion.

I would also play 3 Vodalian Merchants over the Tsabo's Webs. You shouldn't put Tsabo's Web in just for the Dismantling Blow. In this new environment, I feel that enchantment are a thing to be reckoned with, so you should save those blows for something better.

Ransac, cpa trash man

S

Sammy Dead-O

Don't rule out Meddling Mage, even though it isn't a fish. It might be just the extra bit of control you need to push your attackers through.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Ransac, I think Pokemorpher was talking to rkoelsch.:)

C

Cateran Emperor

Believe it or not, but this seems to be a blue deck where Counterspell is probably a bad idea. I'd run more Thwarts/Foils/Dazes. Think about it. What cards in your deck also cost two mana?

Answer: EVERY single one of your creatures. Counters are going to be useless if you cast any of your creatures, which you are very likely going to want to do. ACC counters, however, have no such limitation in this case.

F

FoundationOfRancor

You should probablly balance your mana curve better, maybe get some diff cc merfolk? Jolting, seahunters...theres bound to be some good ones.
I wouldnt use Absorb, why would you want life? Theres better acc counters...
You should defintly consider Meddeling Mage! It may not be a fish, but its awesome in rush. Maybe even Silver Drake?
Good luck!

R

rkoelsch

4-Reef Shaman U
3-Vodalian Zombie UB
3-Galina's Knight WU
3-Rootwater Thief 1U
3-Tidal Courier 3U
4-Lord of Atlantis UU
2-Seahunter 2UU

4-Counterspell UU
2-Dromar's Charm BUW
2-Absorb UUW
2-Undermine UUB

2-Dismantling Blow 2W
2-Recoil 1UB
2-Fact or Fiction 3U

4-Adarkar Wastes U/W
4-Underground River U/B
4-Caves of Koilos W/B
3-Dromar's Cavern B/U/W
5-Islands U

P

Pokemorpher

Being a cheap deck (no casting cost over 4 without a kicker), use Rystic Tutor. Also, there are a few other merfolk that could be very helpful. Vodalian Merchant lets you cycle cards faster, and there's some older merfolk that you can tap for a colorless or with a colorless to get a blue. If you can find it, it would really boost the deck.

R

Rando

With all of the color-protection creatures, I'd run Tidal Visionary as a 1cc creature. They really come in handy.