Which mechanic do you want to see back?

Which one mechanic do you most want to see reprinted?

• Tempest Block's Buyback

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Masques Block's Fading

• Invasion Block's Kicker

• Invasion Block's Gating

• Odyssey Block's Threshold

• Odyssey Block's Flashback

• Odyssey Block's Madness

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Onslaught Block's Storm

• Onslaught Block's "Size Matters"

• Mirrodin Block's Entwine

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
N

Notepad

This thread is to vote on and discuss which mechanic you would like to see return to Magic.

We have seen the return of Cycling, so we know WotC would consider reprinting mechanics. Equipment is here to stay, it seems, so there is no need to include that in the vote.

The question of this poll boils down to:
If you could choose only one of these mechanics to be reprinted, which one would you like to see in a future set/block?

This thread and poll relate to general mechanics. Creature abilities are covered in the other thread. This poll will be open for voting for 14 days after being posted.

If you would like to vote for Affinity or some other mechanic, please state so and maybe a Moderator will be kind enough to add it to the poll, seeing as how the original post was allowed a maximum of ten options.

Have fun discussing!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hard choice between Kicker and Entwine and I personally thought they're interesting and haven't really had the chance to fully explore them yet... went with Entwine.

N

Notepad

I'm rather fond of all of them, actually, but because I came back to the game during Invasion block, Kicker will always be the one I enjoy most. :D

Entwine is certainly similar, but I like to be more straightforward with the "get something extra" in Kicker than the "two in one" of Entwine.

M

mythosx

most people voted buy back... cute...that was a fun mechanic.

13NoVa

with all the new concepts comming up, like equipment, or so forth, i think fading should get a second go.

Come on, think a minute...

~this~ 1
equipment
Fading 1
0: equiped creature gets +3+3 and trample
when ~this~ goes to a graveyard, destroy equipped creature.

M

Mur

Didn't see Morph in the list; that surely should be a candidate.

What do you mean by "Size Matters"?

T

Tabasco

but,.......storm is so much more combo-licious

I definitely wanna see more cards like brainfreeze and tendrils

M

mythosx

the problem with storm is that its toooo combolicious. In an environment where cards are so weak IE guirella tactics (spelled wrong) That if you play a storm card like tendrils where the potential damage is waaaaaaay high, you would have to set the cost waaaaaay high.

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Mur
Didn't see Morph in the list; that surely should be a candidate.

What do you mean by "Size Matters"?
Spidey got the "size matters" thing. Basically, it was a mechanic that appears only in Scourge where cards have an effect based off the largest casting cost creature you have in play.

As for Morph, that would be in the other voting thread. Creature abilities and mechanics have been split into two separate threads. ;)

C

chocobo_cid

Madness is crazy with Megrim and Library of Leng and Psychic Vortex and Basking rootwalla

I'd like more Madness 0 creatures.

Nothing better than a casing cost of 0, unless march of the machines comes on.

M

mythosx

no, no more casting cost 0 creatures. Totally throws the game helter skelter.

N

Nightstalkers

But making a game all helter skelter is fun!!!

Nothing like turning your opponents into puppets and making them kill themselves all the while saying "stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself."

And why not bring back Buyback?! Just gimme some infinite mana tricks and we can dip into the fun again :D

Oh, and why not Shadow? That was a great ability that is so underused now-a-days.

N

Notepad

Yeah, it would be cool to see Shadow again. That is in the other vote, by the way.

Onward, glorious Dauthi! :D

M

mythosx

Speaking of shadow. I know it applied to most colors. But what do you think it would fall under in the new color pie? Or do you think it should stay a non color ability?

N

Notepad

Shadow was BWU, with hate in GR. If it came back nowadays, it would find itself used as it was back then: For weenies and sabotuers. White is the new weenie color, so white would get the shadow weenies, clearly. No black shadow weenies this time, though.

Saboteurs most commonly appear in BWU, strangely enough, so shadow could be used for those colors once again.

Which means, overall, shadow would come back strong in white, and secondary in blue and black.

Not too much different, really.

C

chocobo_cid

Originally posted by SeFRo
Yeah, it would be cool to see Shadow again. That is in the other vote, by the way.
Nowadays, Shadow Rift is even better than Infiltrate! :D