Which is the most embarrasing to be killed by?

• Thread starter Cateran Emperor
  • Start date

Losing to Which Would Make You Feel Most Pathetic?

• Bog Imp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scathe Zombies

• Drudge Skeletons

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Blood Pet

• Spineless Thug

• Total voters
C

Cateran Emperor

In one of my latest deckbuilding jaunts, I opted to come up with one of the craziest possible ideas for a deck. Unfortunately, I need a general opinion here. In the poll above, I need you to vote on what is the most embarassing creature to deal the deathblow for the deck.

4 Unknown Black Creature of Doom

4 Spike Hatcher
4 Spike Colony
4 Spike Weaver
4 Spike Feeder
4 Spike Rogue
4 Spike Soldier

4 Disturbed Burial
4 Corpse Dance

4 Bayou
4 City of Brass
11 Forest
5 Swamp

The kill creature is one of those creatures that is utterly vanilla and yet they keep reprinting it for some reason. This is purely to see the kind of reaction I can possibly generate. So which is the most absurd to lose to?

S

Sammy Dead-O

Now here's a reason to look forward to the B/G painland! While I think Scathe Zombies are probably the most worthless of the cards listed (and I actually like Blood Pet and Spineless Thug), I went with Bog Imp. Something about losing to the Bog Imp seems the funniest of the lot. Maybe it's the look on its face.

G

Gerode

What about a Plague Rat?
Or a Thallid?
Or Shelkin Brownie?
Or Ornithopter?

N

nodnarb24

Originally posted by Gerode
What about a Plague Rat?
Or a Thallid?
Or Shelkin Brownie?
Or Ornithopter?
Are you dissing Plague Rat! :) And I've been killed by ornithopter plenty of time, an ornithopter and unholy strength make a deadly combination on the first turn.

I would have to say that Cyclopean Mummy would be the most embarrassing creature to be killed by because my play group totally agrees that it is the worst creature ever.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
You know, just to round out the "spike" theme of the deck, you could always just use the black spike, "Spike Cannibal". It's not a bad card, and when you get the big creatures in play with the corpse dance over and over again, it could be a devastating card.

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Mikeymike

I'd have to go with the scathe zombies. Something about them just makes them very unitimidating. But if you really want to embarrass them play Squirming Mass. Nothing more annoying than a 1/1 with fear.

Z

Zadok001

I actually think Ornithopter has some nice synergy. It's got a powerful bonus when you take the 'Spikiness' into account, and it's (obviously) as cheap as it gets. Furthermore, very little can be more embarrassing than dying to the phrase "I Corpse Dance my Ornithopter into play. Care to concede?"

M

Major Crime

Coat of arms and Mana Birds, or Mana birds & crusade

Swamp Mosquito. Won twice with just this as my only attacker.

A

arhar

Hey!
Don't mock poison cards - I actually won quite a few casual games with my poison deck back in the day - SuqAta Assasin ROCKS! And Swamp Mosquito is very cheap for a "clock" card (I know, I know :) )

E

Ephrils

I've never killed with a Cyclopean Mummy, but i've used it in a deck based around equally sucky cards. Worked surprisingly well.

L

Landkiller

Hey, Cyclopean Mummy has a good ability. It can't be animated by your opponent. They Can't Have the Mummy!

I

Istanbul

...unless they Bribery it.

No, I'm gonna have to go with an un-kickered Urborg Skeleton as the worst way to lose.
He has no poison. He has no evasion. He's a 0/1. All he does is regenerate.
If you lose to him, well...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
You know? I think it would be pretty embarrasing if I lost to a Phyrexian Walker enchanted with Hermetic Study.

Ransac, cpa trash man

G

Gerode

I've killed plenty of people with Phyrexian Walkers and Hermetic Studies before. Not in the same deck, though.

T

Turtlewax Joe

what about if you're mana screwed and get killed by a flailing soldier. or to get killed by a Mon's Goblin Raiders! that would suck

D

Dead

I've been beaten by an ornithopter before. Not even an endlessly-pinging one, necro-pebbles style: just a plain ol' ornithopter that got an 8 point howl from beyond. Admittedly i only owned about 120 cards at the time (and they were probably all in the deck :) ) but the pilot still delights in reminding me whenever i'm doing well in a game...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

why not use the cooler version of scathe zombies to kill someone with, headless horseman, c'mon being killed by something that doesn't even have a head

S

Slug man

Hermetic Study is a great card. I have a deck that uses Hermetic Study on Horseshoe Crab for loads of damage. That was the first good combo I ever came up with. Pack the deck with lots of counter-magic and searching and there you go!