Which is better: Dominos or Pizza Hut?

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ha! I wanted to beat train to the punch on this one.

Top two pizza joints squaring off here. And, just to get it out of the way, we all know that the best pizzas usually come from small, local pizza places owned and run by real Italians. I want to see how the biggest national franchises fare.

R

rokapoke

Oversoul said:
Oh, come on. Papa Johns, people!
Sorry, I had to assume he'd be difficult and choose a write-in candidate.

As for me, I'm a former Domino's employee, and I really liked free meals. But I haven't had it since they changed everything a few months back, so who knows?

T

train

Wow - I like aspects of both... but if I had to go straight pizza - the Meat Lover's Pan crust or stuffed crust...

Dominos has better wings and breadsticks...

But Pizza goes to the jabba relative...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I really dislike the Hut.... don;t like the sauce, crust or topping.
I go with the local shops, like Tomanettis in Oakmont.....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Pizza Hut, definitely... just had it last night.

I tried Dominos with the "3 for $5" promotion, but the pizza was terrible... haven't tried it since they reengineered it, but unless there's a coupon for a free pizza, I'm not gonna (saw a "buy one, get one free" in the paper, but not good enough)

E

EricBess

Honestly, both have changed since the last time I had them. I don't mind the individual pizzas you get from Pizza Hut at the airport, but I don't think those are quite the same, either.

It seems that they keep getting smaller and more expensive anyway, no matter who you get it from. I remember when a large was 16' and an "extra-large" was 18'. Now, you are lucky if they are calling a 12' "large".

D

DarthFerret

Well, I weigh in on the side of Pizza Hut, and around here, any size pizza any toppings $10.00.

However, to be fair, have not tried the new dominoes either. I think they were the ones to spur Pizza Hut to do the $10 thing.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, my favorite pizza joint is actually Jet City, but they're local. Garlic Jims is good too, and they are also local. Little Caesar's is pretty big though, I think. And you know what, Papa John's is also nice.

I think for global pizza chains I'd go with Little Caesar's.

Alright, alright. Just between the two biggest? Pizza Hut. Even though the name is kind of silly...

turgy22

Nothing Special
According to wiki, the name "Pizza Hut" was chosen because the original sign purchased for the stoe "only had enough space for nine characters and spaces."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, apparently they started with $600 so that was all they could afford... after using the letters p-i-z-z-a, not much is left for a second word :)

T

train

Maybe they should have waited until the world of texting had arrived and they could find some abbreviation to make it work...

pza casl

a castle would be cooler than a hut I would think...